No announcement yet.

Help choosing entry-level scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only suggestion is to step up to something made in the Philippines and not China.. Only costs a little bit more

Comment

This is like asking what truck is for you, lol! Got Leupold and other brands but I stick with Nikon (either prostaff or monarch models.) I know a LOT of folks like 'em, but only owned 2 Vortex over the years and got rid of them. Not bashing....IMO of course.

Oh, had to use the warranty on Nikon only once and got a new scope replacement quickly so not an issue...at least in my experience.

Comment

I have the crossfire II 6-18 on my 22-250 and its a bad dude for the price. Holds a 0 and collects light good enough at night for predator calling

Comment

Get the best you can afford. Just because it’s her first rifle doesn’t mean skimp on glass. Those rugers can shoot so putting the best quality glass you can afford on there will only make it better for her

What’s your budget?

Comment

Leupold or Nikon.

Comment

I prefer Leupold, but Midway has some good deals on 4-12x40 and 6.5-20x44 Vortex Viper. I ordered a 6.5-20

Comment

I was given a Tasco World Class and put it on an old 30.06 and it has held up just fine for the last three years. My other scope is a Nikon prostaff on a 270

Comment

I have had good luck with Vortex optics and they also have a great warranty on their products. I also have a leupold that I have no complaints with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at Leupold's Freedom line. They are very clear.

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                      Look at Leupold's Freedom line. They are very clear.
                      This is actually what I ended up going with. Thanks again for all the info guys!

Comment

I like Nikon scopes

Comment

There's a silver vari x ii 3-9 sitting in a pawnshop in san marcos right now for $199.

I'd try to find something like that

Comment

All good suggestions from the community. I have a Burris scopes on my kids Ruger 10/22’s and one on my 300 win mag (E1 Reticle which I love). For the price I feel like you get tons of value and quality. Definitely worth looking at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

At the end of the day you just can’t beat leupold.

Comment

Four Leupold for me . Three 3 x 9, and one 2 x 7, if I need another it will be a Leupold.

Comment

Working...
                                X