No announcement yet.

Almost at the end of my rope.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know you said you put a gas cap on and the light is still on but usually you have to start the truck X number of times before the light resets. Go by autozone and have them clear the code and see if it comes back.

Comment

Going thru the same code with my step daughters car. I changed the control valve and gas cap. That seemed to fix the EVAP issue but then she had a turbo issue that Chevy fixed, said a bad fuse. We will see, that was yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I'll bring the Burger King!
        Thanks for the kind gesture but............................. NO!
        Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
        I know you said you put a gas cap on and the light is still on but usually you have to start the truck X number of times before the light resets. Go by autozone and have them clear the code and see if it comes back.
        I just thought about this a little bit ago. I have a code reader and will clear it when I get home and see what happens.

Comment

I could tell ya things that would make you cry.
          Just hammer on .
          This to shall pass

Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
            I could tell ya things that would make you cry.
            Just hammer on .
            This to shall pass

Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk
            I'm not so sure about that. I've been through way more than y'all know about.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              I'm not so sure about that. I've been through way more than y'all know about.
              I'm sorry you're dealing with this stuff. It happens to us all sooner or later and from time to time. Life is tough. It is hard. You'll be in my prayers.

Comment

Life is tough man, but it’s all you can do. I’ll be praying for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an 07 Tahoe. Same code popped up two weeks ago. I was able to clean the filter that was caked with dirt/mud from the rains at the first of the month after driving 60 miles on rain soaked caliche. Cleared the code and 600 miles later still good. Your pick up is a little different evaporate system/location. I'd try cleaning the filter and resetting the code. Replacing that it would run about 150 for parts.

Comment

I know the feeling . I’m going on 4 bad years . Crap needs to change pretty soon .

Comment

Randy, as you probably know, I’ve had baggage too from difficult situations. Just the way things are as others have said. Your circumstances don’t have to define you. Things will get better.

Comment

As others have said, evap isn't a huge issue... most of the time the problem with it is it's hard to nail down cause. One thing, if you clear code, run it about 20-50 miles before inspection, all the other tests should complete and should be able to pass emissions with one test reading NA.
                        Praying for you.

Comment

My ranch truck(06 Silverado) had the same issue... I watched the You Tube videos and cleaned the filter, washed out the Charcoal canister and put 'er all back together and she's been purrin' like a kitten since... MUCH easier to fill up with gas too! Other thing I found out was trying to "top off" you tank can mess this vacuum system up too as it can dump gas into that carbon filter canister and mess up the solenoid so I don't do that anymore. You hang in there! We don't need no GOF's to go flippin' out on us! We gotta stick togeher!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            My ranch truck(06 Silverado) had the same issue... I watched the You Tube videos and cleaned the filter, washed out the Charcoal canister and put 'er all back together and she's been purrin' like a kitten since... MUCH easier to fill up with gas too! Other thing I found out was trying to "top off" you tank can mess this vacuum system up too as it can dump gas into that carbon filter canister and mess up the solenoid so I don't do that anymore. You hang in there! We don't need no GOF's to go flippin' out on us! We gotta stick togeher!

Solid advice, I did several solenoids on different fords before we realized we could be part of the problem by topping off.

My work car would make you lose your mind trying to fill up. It would only take a trickle of gas without shutting off pump.

Comment

Agree on this advice. I never did it on my truck, and still had issues though.

Comment

Yeah, I've always rounded the pump up to the next dollar. I'm thinking this truck doesn't like that. I'm just just waiting on the weather so I can work on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X