Massie Long Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massie Long Bows

I know that Jim Belcher made them for a while but my searches leads me to believe he no longer builds them.

Does anyone know if they are still in production?

Thanks.

Mike

I don’t think so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jeff stoped building them several years ago . Went back to being an
      Electrician .

Comment

Still have mine!lol Awesome bow and was lucky enough to hunt with him.

Comment

A bowyer named Jim Belcher bought the forms and continued building them.
          He also bought Sky Archery from Mr. Hoyt and built his bows.

But it appears he started a new company and I cannot find out if anyone continued the Massie Longhorn line.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
            A bowyer named Jim Belcher bought the forms and continued building them.
            He also bought Sky Archery from Mr. Hoyt and built his bows.

But it appears he started a new company and I cannot find out if anyone continued the Massie Longhorn line.

Didn’t know he sold the molds . I had one of the last few Jeff built . His shop was only about 45 minutes from me .

Comment

I hunted pigs/javis with Jeff several times. I have 3 of his longhorns and one of his recurves. They are great bows.

Comment

I saw a reverse-handle Massie in a pawn shop a few months back...the price was fair but it was 64#. Twenty years ago it would have been mine.

I hunted with Jeff several times in the 90's and he was a character for sure.

Comment

Working...
                X