No announcement yet.

Another example of how tough they are

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the bullet hit a tree limb before it hit the deer. That way it would be more like sharp shrapnel versus a bullet hitting him. Hopefully just a flesh wound.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
      I’m gonna go with it affecting the opposite side. From what I’ve seen, it always affects the opposite side as a wound on the body. I’ve been wrong before though!

Injuries to back legs seem to affect the opposite antler, IMO.
      While injuries to front legs affect the same side.
      Being that the injury is high (past the knee), Ive also seen no change.

Hopefully, the OP gets pics of this deer next year to see the impact.

Comment

Looks like a smaller caliber and the bullet splashed on impact

Comment

That’s interesting. I would think he will heal up fine

Comment

My guess is a match projectile. Hey don't do well if bone is involved, and tend to kind of splatter when they hit solids.

Comment

I got a doe once in Red River county that when I skinned her out found a broken piece of Easton aluminum arrow with a solid broad head under the meat above shoulder blade completely healed over
              Tuff girl

Comment

They are definitely tougher than they get credit for.

Comment

Hope he heals! I pulled cameras this weekend and one of our best 4 yr olds has been walking around with this arrow in him for two weeks. Really hope it works it’s way out before too long and he heals up. This makes at least the 3rd deer our new neighbor has injured with archery equipment. Guys starting to get on my nerves now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                    Hope he heals! I pulled cameras this weekend and one of our best 4 yr olds has been walking around with this arrow in him for two weeks. Really hope it works it’s way out before too long and he heals up. This makes at least the 3rd deer our new neighbor has injured with archery equipment. Guys starting to get on my nerves now.

Send him some tapes in the mail of how to shoot them. Have had my fair share of shots gone poor, but they were broadside and just missed the mark and couldn’t recover. These looks like he is shooting at any angle like he had a rifle thinking the shock and shrapnel will do the trick which is not how archery works.

Comment

My neighbor has shot the same buck twice this week with a .50 muzzleloader and ain’t killed it yet......

Comment

Update

He’s still coming and eating. These are fro 4-9 days ago. Hopefully he’ll make a full recovery. He’ll be a looker next season.

Comment

He ain’t looking real good hope he makes it

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks that was probably an arrow that worked it's way out?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post

I would send this pic to your new neighbor and tell him the deer he's slinging arrows at are starting to look like pin cushions and help him resolve his penetration issues. That's really sad. This is why more and more ranches are not allowing bow hunting.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just amazing, two inches lower or two inches forward and he’d been dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X