A year in the making!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A year in the making!

November of 2019 I built a bow for my cousin for his birthday. He has never owned a bow of any kind and he dove into Trad head first! He practiced his but off all year to hopefully be ready to hunt this year.
    I have been teaching him as much as I can about bow hunting and about how I go about hunting our highly pressured public land.
    He’s had a lot of ups and downs this season including a miss on a decent 10 point and even running over his bow ! But he stuck with it.

As some of y’all know I haven’t been able to get out much myself this year due to my wife’s health issues but she has been feeling pretty good the last few days and yesterday I was able to venture out.
    So Tommy and I decided to hunt together and we went to a spot where I knew we would have a real good chance of at least seeing some deer and possibly get a shot. I even told him on the way in one of us was going to kill a deer today !
    As luck would have it I didn’t see a single deer but got a text from him about 15 minutes before dark saying that he had shot a buck. So I quickly loaded up and headed his way. We were hunting the Leeward side of a ridge with some thick bedding we were about 400 yards apart. When I got to where he was he had already recovered and field dressed it.
    I was SO pumped for him!!!
    I honestly don’t think he realizes the difficulty of what he achieved his first year hunting traditional! First year bow hunting ever, with traditional gear, on highly pressured public land! I don’t know who is excited more, him or me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to your cousin......and good on you Randy!

Comment

Congrats to Tommy! Was still shooting that bow he ran over????

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats to your cousin,

Comment

Hell yeah Tommy! Great buck.
            Good for you too Randy. Y'all are still in our prayers.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to both of you!

Comment

Wow. I hunted three years with a compound before I got my first. Impressive feat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  Congrats to Tommy! Was still shooting that bow he ran over????

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Yes sir! She’s still shooting! We are going to refinish it after season is over

Comment

Congrats to the both of you for a major accomplishment !

Comment

That is cool Congrats i was going to ask the same Question if he was still shooting that bow he ran over.. what a story congrats.. He did do a awesome feet on public land wow congrats

Comment

Working...
                      X