Which golf cart brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which golf cart brand?

My wife and I will be in the market for a gas golf cart here in the near future. Most of the time it will be used around the house, but we stay in Port A pretty often so we will use it there the rest of the time. I’ve heard club car is the way to go because of the aluminum frame not rusting from being at the coast. Not sure if a steel frame is a deal breaker or not. Been looking at Club Car, Yamaha, and EZ Go. Just checking to see if y’all know of any pros-cons of any particular brand. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Club car. Aluminum frame. My daughter has 2 carryall electric that are worked every day on her exotics ranch. They hold up very well.
    Last edited by Walker; 02-16-2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I would say Club Car and EZ Go are the 2 most popular around golf courses for years.

Comment

We have an ez go 6 seater in Rockport, really like it. You see a lot of the same models we have in port a on the beach, was told just rinse it underneath after beach use and spray with corrosion x couple times a year and they hold up well.

Comment

I used to work at a golf course and we had 60 ez go carts, just like all you have to maintain batteries. They were reliable, on occasions we had big tournaments and had to bring in extras, I got to liking the club cars a lot, especially the gas ones. They were built strong. If I was to buy one, I would go with club car.

Comment

EFI club car

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank y’all. Sounds like Club car is the way to go.

Comment

I have a old, gas, Yamaha G22A (2003 model) at the ranch and it has been awesome and trouble free.

Comment

I love my Yamaha gas. We have been hard on it and it keeps ticking.

Comment

Love our Yamaha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t know if it holds true for gas ones, but I saved a bunch of money buying a used electric one that was rebuilt.

Comment

I really like the looks of the Yamaha better than the Club Car. My only concern was rust on the steel frame.

Comment

Yamaha was a good one back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by MesquiteBean View Post
                            I really like the looks of the Yamaha better than the Club Car. My only concern was rust on the steel frame.
                            We've had our cart for around 8-10 years with multiple beach trips each year. I coat the entire frame & other metals with corrossion-x or similar and have zero rust.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                              We've had our cart for around 8-10 years with multiple beach trips each year. I coat the entire frame & other metals with corrossion-x or similar and have zero rust.

Which brand do you have, and how often do yo use the corrosion x? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X