No announcement yet.

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been fishing arroyo city lately? Finally done with hunting seasons and am gearing up to get back after the fish. Haven’t wet a line since August so it’s definitely over due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

We fought the fog yesterday and I ended up catching the only 2 fish of the day. 1) 26” red and a 24”. Water looked great, couldn’t find any bait.

Couldn’t buy a bite in EMB, hit up chocolate on the way back and caught the two reds there.

Last edited by marshhunter; 02-06-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Man it has been hard fishing for me. In January I have been 3 times to East Matty. I have been skunked all three times. January was a rough month of winter fishing. We could not find the fish. I think we may just wait till march to start fishing. lol

Comment

I haven't fished since October and I'm starting to get the itch. Never been down to Baffin, thinking about changing that. How long is it "Trophy" trout season down there? I grew up in Lake Jackson and fished all the surrounding areas, and I've been to Lower Laguna Madre a couple times when my dad was living in Harlingen but never tried Baffin/Rockport/Corpus area.

Comment

I DK if any of y’all are looking to update or upgrade your equipment but I have been working with McCain Rods and now through the end of this month they are offering 50% off all of there rods (excluding combos) and on top of that you will receive $20 total order shipping with my coupon code, MTROWBRIDGE50 !!! I receive absolutely nothing other than knowing I helped someone get a smoking deal on a great rod.

Michael

Comment

[QUOTE=tmurray;13976036]I haven't fished since October and I'm starting to get the itch. Never been down to Baffin, thinking about changing that. How long is it "Trophy" trout season down there? I grew up in Lake Jackson and fished all the surrounding areas, and I've been to Lower Laguna Madre a couple times when my dad was living in Harlingen but never tried Baffin/Rockport/Corpus area.[/QUOTE

I guess if there were a trophy trout season it would be from mid January through May in my opinion. My favorite time to chase them with lures is mid February through March before the spring winds start cranking.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                I DK if any of y’all are looking to update or upgrade your equipment but I have been working with McCain Rods and now through the end of this month they are offering 50% off all of there rods (excluding combos) and on top of that you will receive $20 total order shipping with my coupon code, MTROWBRIDGE50 !!! I receive absolutely nothing other than knowing I helped someone get a smoking deal on a great rod.

Michael

Michael,

What model would you recommend for wading for trout and reds?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                  Michael,

What model would you recommend for wading for trout and reds?

Thx

I use the Coastal Elite for 99% of our inshore trips. They are extremely lightweight yet very durable plus with the stainless steel spring micro-guides, you will never have to worry about them, ever!

Comment

I know I’m crazy but I can hear the reds and drum taunting me!

Comment

Yep, 2019 is gonna be a coast trip fishin year! I am ready, fixin to pick up a new Lew's reel asap.

Comment

Fishing has been pretty good as of late..... not a whole lot of fish but definitely some good ones!
                        Attached Files

Comment

If I'm seeing it correctly looks like the upper coast 5 trout limit passed. Really won't affect me much as I fish Matagorda mainly, but the Galveston boys are sure in an uproar about it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            If I'm seeing it correctly looks like the upper coast 5 trout limit passed. Really won't affect me much as I fish Matagorda mainly, but the Galveston boys are sure in an uproar about it.

They don’t vote till March 19-20, but I assume it will pass. I’m also a matagorda guy so it doesn’t matter to me really. Although I believe it should have been statewide all along.

I wanted to fish this morning but, I’m totally against fishing in the cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              They don’t vote till March 19-20, but I assume it will pass. I’m also a matagorda guy so it doesn’t matter to me really. Although I believe it should have been statewide all along.

I wanted to fish this morning but, I’m totally against fishing in the cold.

Gotcha, saw a thread on 2cool and they were talking as if it already had passed.

And I'm 100 percent with you on the fishing in the cold, ain't happening!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

I hope it does. Can't do anything, but help the fishery.

Comment

Working...
                                X