Opening Weekend Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Weekend Sunday

Gotta Love Texas Archery Opening Weekend! We will start this adventure out from sunday morning at 4:00 am. The events and adventures for Saturday will need to be a separate post we'll call "Coming Soon", back to Sunday morning, just like Saturday it was so humid that my sweat was sweating. I made my way to the best stand ever, (it got named Saturday, Details Coming Soon). Once I was settled in I got ready under the cover of the still black sky waiting and watching for the Sun to start kissing the sky and pushing the shadows into clear view. The wind was swirling in the tree tops that sent leaves falling, slapping, tapping. It felt right to be there this morning. The silence was shattered by the grunt and then primal squeal of a big black russian cross running in to the crossing I was sitting on from behind me an running towards my left. In the distance more squealing and more hogs are closing in. All of a sudden they all blow out in opposite directions. Left once again to the wind, leaves, and Texas Sauna I watch, wait, and listen. Time continues to roll by and soon the woods are filled with the sounds of deer walking on leaves......(There were no squirrels seen today, now thats a miracle). Heads, Legs, Tails, and bodies start to appear and feed all around.my stand. Its like the gravity that keeps us stuck to the surface of the Earth, and somehow contained this herd of deer in my hunting spot. A long time passes and the deer are slowly breaking containment of the gravitational force that has held them there so long this morning. I glance at my watch nestled in my backpack where only I can see it. At 10:22 am I get into position on the deer I want to make jerky out of and let the Rocky Mountain First Cut X Broadhead Sail into the right lung and watch as the Black Eagle Executioner pushes the Broadhead, lungs,and blood out the left side and onto the ground a couple a yards behind. The deer turned left and tried to head but a katy bark hickory tree....(That was a Fail) ...... Falling down, painting the ground crimson red the deer wobbles out a few short yards before collapsing permanetly. The other deer slowly make their way towards a bluff and drop into it one by one leaving my line of sight. I exited my stand and once on the ground texted my brother. I slowly cover the ground to recover the deer, watching in case more deer came to visit. I replayed all the events in my head and chuckled over the hogs, and this deer trying to run that tree down. I kneeled beside the deer and gave Thanks God for the health, opportunity, and food laying on the ground in front of me. #ArcheryOpenerTexas2019 #BroadheadBarnStyle #yougottasmellthis #successneversmelledthisgood
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Oneway; 09-30-2019, 09:14 PM.

Nice, I'll be waiting for Coming Soon..

Comment

Jerky season ! Congrats

Comment

great story. looking forward to "Coming soon" addition.

Comment

Nice write up.
          Don't leaving us hanging........

Comment

Enjoyed the read, congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the ol slickhead! Waiting for the “Coming soon”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job! Excellent freezer filler

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Way to go Charles!!!!

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations! Nice writeup.

Comment

Great recap. Congrats on the doe !!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X