How to find deer bedding areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find deer bedding areas?

I found a common area that 6-8 does bed in regularly, but it doesn’t become productive seeing bucks until the rut. How do y’all find the bedding areas in east Texas? They just thinned the trees since we hunt on paper land, really making it tough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look for the thickest undergrowth and you got it.

Comment

I honestly do all my active bedding scouting as soon as season is over. I have nothing to loose at that point if I bump them. In open fields (hay meadows here) those are notorious for doe bedding with only 6”-8” grass. I use my thermal from long range.

If you can get on your knees and see 20 yards to read sign language..... you ain’t close to a buck bed. Look for virtually impossible. Screening of some type. Typically they ain’t hiding from you... it’s predators. If they can outsmart a coyote, a human that’s hunting for sport is a piece of cake. I like water. That gives them an advantage! But if willing it gives you the trump card.

If you were under attack where would you go? Use that mentality. Use their defensive to plan your offense

Comment

Downwind side of hills are a good place to look.
        They like to be able too see where they can't smell.

Comment

Shady side of my house

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            If you were under attack where would you go? Use that mentality. Use their defensive to plan your offense
            Solid advice.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
              Shady side of my house
              I would’ve never believed this until I saw it online afternoon over on Boerne Stage Rd.

Comment

Working...
              X