Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who pulls their kids out of school to hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who pulls their kids out of school to hunt?

My oldest boy started kindergarten this year and he comes with me to the lease now. I usually head to the lease Thursday night or Friday morning but now I'll have to wait until Friday night. Just wondering if you all pull kids from school to hunt for a weekend?

I don't have kids old enough to pull out of school (yet). But, if either of my girls get the itch and interest to do it later, I will. I mean, I'd only do it if they WANT to hunt with me. They may not.

My old man would pull me out of classes on Fridays a hundred years ago when I was young. I remember packing up a bag the night before and leaving it in the truck - I'd just change at the bunkhouse and hunt the afternoon with him. Great times.

Comment

Did mine if they were doing well in school.....Otherwise NO!!!!!!!

Comment

I asked my boy if he wanted to skip school on Wednesday to go put in some work at the lease and he said no lol

Comment

I do, il let my kids skip a week day if teal are here. They go to school all the time, let em have some fun with you and break em loose from school.

Comment

I have every year for opening day dove season (if it falls on a school day). I wrote a long letter to the principal about family and creating tradition and how some life lessons outweigh the missing of 1 day of class.. excused absence.

Comment

My son is no where near the age yet, but I know this will be a fight between me and his mom lol. I got pulled out to go hunting (not all of the time). But generally opening day we missed friday or only went a half day. During the rut, good luck. My teachers knew the deal though, they all just asked for deer sausage if we had any to spare. When I got my license and was cleared to drive down to the lease by myself (or with my brother) I made almost all of the friday afternoon hunts

Comment

We pulled ours out to hunt and ski until junior high. Didn't miss a thing they couldn't makeup easily.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I was a principal when our boys were old enough to start hunting. I'd pull them and me out two or three times a season, memories I wouldn't trade for anything.

Comment

Hunting is more important than school everybody knows that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I never missed opening day of dove season til I was grown and had a job where I couldn't get off. Remedied that pretty quickly with better jobs.

Comment

my dad was a bird hunter and used to pull my brother and I out to go dove hunting on Thursday afternoons with his lease partners. Wouldn't trade those times for anything.

Comment

Me!

My 9 year old daughter is headed back to Canada again this year with my wife for her archery moose hunt.
                          (Wife, Daughter, and MIL all up there.)

I will be in WY elk hunting.

Comment

Yeah usually once or twice a year..

Comment

If they have good attendance, making good grades, and want to go hunt then by all means take em hunting. Missing a day of school to go spend time with you in the woods is a easy decision. I am a JH Principal and I did it with my kid and I always have several dads coming to take their kids out of school on Thursday evenings or Fridays during the day to go hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X