Question on Full sized 4x4 trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Full sized 4x4 trucks?

I am looking for a used 4x4 truck that is full sized with 4 full doors. What is the best truck that I can buy for about 15k?

unfortunately I don't know much about engines like most of you guys. I have heard that certain fords have issues with certain model years but don't know much more than that.

the purpose of the truck is to go fishing on the beach. Any help you guys can offer would be great.

I’d get a dodge with a hemi sir.

Comment

For beach fishing I would at a 1/2 ton gas like a gm 6.0 HD or dodge hemi 4x4, tundra etc. no diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ford

Comment

Is there a reason for the dodge recommendation?

Comment

"Don't buy a dodge unless you or your best friend is a dodge mechanic."

Comment

There was/is a thread on here in the classifieds. Someone is selling their Suburban they used for beach fishing. Let me see if I can find it.

Here's the thread I was thinking of.
              Looks like it sold.
              Sorry

FS: 1994 Chevrolet Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4
              Last edited by Pushbutton2; 08-06-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Ford Chevy or Toyota with gas engine

Comment

For 15k just find one that is in the best condition, regardless of brand. If you are getting it for beach fishing, pay attention to the axle ratio and try to get one with 3.73, 3.92, or 4.10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I drive a 2006 gmc 2500hd with the 6.0. At 140k miles and no issues so far. I see them regularly for sale with much higher mileage and you can prolly get one in the the low 100k mile range in your price range without too much effort.
                    Good luck,
                    Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                      For 15k just find one that is in the best condition, regardless of brand. If you are getting it for beach fishing, pay attention to the axle ratio and try to get one with 3.73, 3.92, or 4.10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      This^ Then just google what engine it has and that will tell whats good,bad or junk.

Comment

Used Tundra with 150k miles, good for another 150......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
                          "Don't buy a dodge unless you or your best friend is a dodge mechanic."
                          Or if you want to be best friends with a dodge mechanic

Comment

I would personally get a Tundra. Large cab, and they tend to float across the sand compared to the other trucks I have had, Ram and Chevy. Never owned Ford half ton, and never will I don't think.

Comment

I just traded a 2012 f150 crew cab 4x4 xlt with 3.5 ecoboost and 102,000 miles for 13,000. Dealer would probably add another 3 thousand or so when they sell it. Great truck, I pulled campers, boats, and heavy loads to the lease. I promise you, I overloaded that truck on more than one occasion. Never let me down and plenty of power. Biggest issue was one exhaust cat went out. Warranty covered that. Some people say they are dogs but it's all how you load it and drive it. They do not get awesome mileage with a lift and big tires or while working. I got 16 mixed driving with lift and tires. Pulling a travel trailer about 8. Never needed more power though.

Comment

Working...
                              X