THE OPEN ROYAL PORTRUSH - July 18-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE OPEN ROYAL PORTRUSH - July 18-21

This is not the call for naming your teams and any team named prior to the call for teams will be deleted. The Committee just cannot control it’s excitement with the good news of today.
    Rain is in the forecast for all four days of the tournament!
    Let’s have your thoughts on the course etc.

I like to think of it as the 6th major.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My second favorite tournament of the year.

Comment

Should be windy ,wet and cold.....as usual!!! El Tigre!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I like to think of it as the 6th major.

It is The Open.

Get the latest news and video highlights from The Open Championship, golf's original major. The 151st Open took place at Royal Liverpool from 16-23 July 2023.

I have had an eye on the weather for two months hoping they get some of the gentle breezes we have had at Fossil Creek.

Comment

I’ll give you “The OTHER open”...falls somewhere behind Doral. Maybe some people will show up despite their ****ty weather and lack of trees.

Golf from the part of the world that gave us Ian Poulter, Rory, and Danny freakin Willet.

Comment

I was at the Old Course in St. Andrews this week and I can tell you tv just doesn’t do justice for what the players contend with in terms of the elements.

Comment

Im ready

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  I’ll give you “The OTHER open”...falls somewhere behind Doral. Maybe some people will show up despite their ****ty weather and lack of trees.

Golf from the part of the world that gave us Ian Poulter, Rory, and Danny freakin Willet.

Obviously you’re not a golfer. Lol

Comment

going back to back

Comment

In other golf related news. Is Tiger finished as a golf course developer/architect?

SWANNANOA — A nearly 800-acre Swannanoa, North Carolina, property that once was the intended site of a luxury housing community and a Tiger Woods-designed golf course has changed hands, but future …

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                        In other golf related news. Is Tiger finished as a golf course developer/architect?

https://golfweek.com/2019/07/11/golf...me-latest-news
                        Tigers first course in Montgomery Texas..
                        Bluejack National

I heard it’s very nice but extremely expensive to buy into it....

It’s in the middle of nowhere too...

Friends have played it though...awesome layout

Comment

Originally posted by Bkag09 View Post
                          Obviously you’re not a golfer. Lol

Actually, I am. I’m just sick of Europe (Europeans), and I don’t care how old their stupid tournament is...it’s inferior to at least 3 stateside shindigs.

To hell with them, I hope one of our boys wins it and ****** in that jug.

Comment

Tiger Woods will arrive here for the 148th Open Championship today with critics claiming he has already peaked for the year and others wondering if his decision to eschew a preparation event shows that he believes as much. Woods has not played since finishing 21st at the US Open five weeks ago and instead went on holiday to Thailand for a fortnight. Indeed, he has only played one major-tournament since winning the Masters, having skipped straight from Augusta to the USPGA where he missed the cut.  His schedule has raised eyebrows with Paul Azinger, the former Ryder Cup captain, expressing the fears of many. “For me, the warning sign for Tiger fans is that could have been the peak moment for Tiger,” Azinger, who will be here as analyst for US network NBC. said. “Let’s give him some time to overcome that great victory at the Masters. I just saw a different Tiger the last two majors.  “This next win for Tiger, it’s going to be a lot harder than people think because there’s a lot on the line for this next win and he’s had this mountain top experience of achieving that Masters victory.” Padraig Harrington certainly believes Woods’s schedule to be odd. The Irishman did not name him last week when saying “if you’re serious about winning the Open you’ve got to be playing tournament golf beforehand”, and Woods is not the only player who will arrive at Portrush without a warm-up - Justin Rose, the world No 4, is another. But everything the 43-year-old does is always analysed to the Nth degree and do not expect any difference here as Tigermania builds. Tiger Woods during the US Open Credit: GETTY IMAGES In his defence, Woods has posted a video on social media, highlighting how “seriously” he is taking it. He has been getting up at 1am every morning in Florida, so his body clock will be on UK time when he flies in on his private jet this morning.  Justin Thomas, Woods' close friend who is playing in this week’s Scottish Open, laughed when Telegraph Sport asked him about the early alarm calls. “Who would get up at 1am?” Not a normal or sane person,” Thomas said. “Tiger doesn’t sleep already, and might be using that as an excuse to wake up at one. You’re never going to see me posting any videos at one o’clock in the morning, that’s for sure. Yeah, I want to win tournaments, but I’m pretty sure I can get the jet-lag down in a couple days.”

Comment

I couldn't a team right now anyway don't have a clue.

Comment

Working...
                              X