6.5 Creedmore issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Creedmore issue

I like the gun, fun to shoot, but everything shot has ran and very little to no blood, with good shots, all under 100 yards and no knockdowns, and run 100-150 yards.
    I'm shooting Winchester 125gr extreme point ammo. The gun shoots this ammo pretty good (I'm not a sniper, lol).
    I know there's a huge selection of ammo, what's y'all's go to for South Texas deer?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

143 eldx

Comment

I have killed 9 good sized pigs this year with mine and only one ran very far. I use the cheap federal non typicals and the more expensive hornady eld-x.

Head and high shoulder they drop. Lungs they go 30 yds.

Comment

Eldx is a awesome bullet... But I haven't used it in a creed

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          143 eldx
          This^^^^^^^

I don't use polymer tipped ammo for the reason you mentioned. Especially in a light grain bullet. The heavier bullet will be more stable and more knock down.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
            This^^^^^^^

I don't use polymer tipped ammo. Especially in a light grain bullet. The heavier bullet will be more stable and more knock down.

The eld-x is polymer tipped

Comment

My buddy has dripped a bunch with the hornady american whitetail

Comment

I have two whitetail doe kills with the Hornady 143 ELD-X, and it put down both dead right there and did substantial damage. One neck shot at 56 yards that flipped a doe over backwards, and the other a broadside heart shot at 165 yards that dropped where she stood. A buddy of mine shot an axis with a 140 grain ELD-M (match bullet) and it penciled through the neck with no expansion. Killed the deer but he won't be using them on game anymore. I'm sure someone with more experience will have other suggestions, but so far will be sticking with the ELDX's. Good luck!!

Comment

6.5 Creedmore issue

I dropped one with a Hornady American Whitetail at 70 yards.

Comment

Looking like I'll be looking for some eldx

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran the 123 Amax and it did really good, the 140 Amax was ok but I didn't get good expansion at further distance.

Comment

5 deer kills and 2 pig kills with the 143 ELD-X has me sold. I really like that bullet.

Comment

Had a couple doe hunters this year that had 6.5s and deer ran all over the place. Good shots bad shots didn’t matter. Didn’t have a single one drop unless shot in the neck. 17 deer total. One was shooting the elds and the other the hornady whitetail/red Box can’t remember bullet on those. Sure didn’t seem like much pop when they hit. I don’t shoot one but it was definitely interesting watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                            Had a couple doe hunters this year that had 6.5s and deer ran all over the place. Good shots bad shots didn’t matter. Didn’t have a single one drop unless shot in the neck. 17 deer total. One was shooting the elds and the other the hornady whitetail/red Box can’t remember bullet on those. Sure didn’t seem like much pop when they hit. I don’t shoot one but it was definitely interesting watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I believe you, but not all good shots are high shoulder shots?

Comment

140gr Sierra Gameking from HSM. 6 shots, 6 dead deer between me and my son. Love the ELD-X for bigger game....elk,oryx, etc. Not a big fan of it for Texas whitetail.

Comment

Working...
                              X