M700 value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M700 value

What would a value be on a 92 model 700 adl composite stock, leupold vxII 3x9x50 scope and mounts, timney trigger in 7mm rem mag? A friend wants to buy mine and I don't want to give it away, but I don't want to overprice him. I most likely wont be able to shoot it again due to back surgery, so if I don't move it, it will go to grandchildren. If I sell it I will get something they can use now.

Gonna give you wide windows:

Guessing you got a basic bones working 700adl so figure $350-$400
    Scope is $125-$150
    Trigger adds maybe another $50 or a little more as a package...you can part everything out for more if wanting to get most out of it, but comes a bit more painful.

Comment

I was thinking of asking $500. The scope is a 99 model if that makes any difference. I forgot to add, I did a rattle can paint job I copied from the diy forum on here. It looks pretty good,
      {lots better than the black original}and I finished it with a high grade matt clearcoat for durability. It is a sub 1" rifle with some factory ammo, and I am including all the factory ammo I have and a set of RCBS dies.
      Last edited by double bogey; 01-09-2019, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
        I was thinking of asking $500. The scope is a 99 model if that makes any difference. I forgot to add, I did a rattle can paint job I copied from the diy forum on here. It looks pretty good,
        {lots better than the black original}and I finished it with a high grade matt clearcoat for durability. It is a sub 1" rifle with some factory ammo, and I am including all the factory ammo I have and a set of RCBS dies.
        Depends on how much ammo you have. Bone stock (except for the trigger) i'd say the gun and scope is worth 500. This is figuring a low end leupold. Sorry to say but any rattle can paint job will bring the value down. So maybe 400 bucks plus ammo and dies.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
          Depends on how much ammo you have. Bone stock (except for the trigger) i'd say the gun and scope is worth 500. This is figuring a low end leupold. Sorry to say but any rattle can paint job will bring the value down. So maybe 400 bucks plus ammo and dies.
          I think this is spot on and some may not agree but big calibers are hard to sell so price usually goes down before they do.
          If your friend likes the paint job ask $550 or $450 without the scope.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

He is asking the financial department if he can buy it for $500. When I painted it I figured if I didn't like it I would put a boyds or Richards microfit on it. But it turned out good. The marbleizing paint can really look good. Looks like this one, where I got the idea.

Comment

Is it just the stock or the whole gun that you painted? I'd say $500 is fair if the barreled action wasn't desecrated by the customization!

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                He is asking the financial department if he can buy it for $500. When I painted it I figured if I didn't like it I would put a boyds or Richards microfit on it. But it turned out good. The marbleizing paint can really look good. Looks like this one, where I got the idea.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ht=stock+paint
                If he wants just the gun I would be interested in the scope.

Comment

I’d say $500 was fair all around. He wouldn’t be getting a deal and you wouldn’t be taking it in the rear end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just the stock is painted.

Comment

here is a pic
                      Attached Files

Comment

Bogey, that looks excellent!

Comment

Looks pretty good

Comment

For a friend I’d do $450-500 for the package

Comment

Not the "rattle can" paint job I was expecting

I would not take any off for that job

Ammo isn't cheap so you might consider asking more if you have more than 1/2 box

Comment

Working...
                              X