No announcement yet.

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my first buck pics. 8 pt and a spike right at camp. Also my first fawn pic. Very happy to see these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1406512944021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	24318491Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1406512994327.jpg
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	24318494Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1406513026268.jpg
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	24318495

Comment

congrats! starting to pay off

Comment

Originally posted by wassaw View Post
        congrats! starting to pay off
        Steve, thanks again for the burn barrel. Got the holes drilled in it and set out. Didn't have any diesel to burn it out. That sure is some potent stuff in there. Almost knocked me out when I took the lid off.

Comment

well, now you understand why i'm a little off.......

you might want to use a flare pistol to start the first burn....

hollar when you need another one.
          Last edited by wassaw; 07-27-2014, 08:27 PM.

Comment

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Spent a couple days at the KCA ranch this weekend. I got on a lease with TBHer Randy a few miles away so Saturday afternoon I went and put out corn and worked on a feeder. We put up 3 stands last weekend. Place is looking good. Nice to have a place that is 4 miles away!

Hung up some solar lights for the front of the camper and the front of the well house.

Mamma mowed on the john deere. She always does a nice job.

Catching up on her reading.

Hung a new porch swing in front of the cabin. Nice and shady under the awning...

Picked up a compact stove/oven from TBHer huntforhorns. Worked great and fits perfect. Our 16x16 well house is now complete with fridge, stove, microwave, washer, dryer, AC, table/chairs, coffee pot, water heater, and utility sink. Mamma is happy!

Picked up a thermometer in Gruene a few weeks ago. Installed the all-important outdoor bottle opener too.

Mamma's garden is keeping our relationship spicy after 15 years!

And I went to war with the wasps after one popped me in the head. Luckily he hit the bandana I was wearing. Me 6, wasps 0.

Finally got a good air compressor and a nail gun. Next major project is a 10x24 deck in front of the camper.

And miss Daisy soaking up the sun...

Last edited by Chew; 09-01-2014, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

It is looking great!

Comment

Stoked to see all this awesome progress, man! You, Bruce and I have a long way to catch up with Stan but it sure is fun trying!! :-)

Comment

Off another thread....captured this at the back of the property:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TEZzX_37I8"]Fawn doe - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Love the progress!!

Comment

A lease 4 miles away from your land!?!

Man your living in high cotton- congrats!

On another note- got any use for a 275 gallon water tote ?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                          A lease 4 miles away from your land!?!

Man your living in high cotton- congrats!

On another note- got any use for a 275 gallon water tote ?

Yessir. Could always use one of those!

Shoot me a pm with details. Thanks

Comment

Anybody have a hook up / source for #1 or #2 grade Railroad Ties?

Talked to a guy on CL but can't afford the prices they're asking.

Comment

I know where a pile or rail road ties are that have sat since being pulled 2 years ago or so

On another note in one pic next to the chainsaw, looks like a can of tru-fuel. Has it caused you any grief?

I bought two cans at the recommendation of a 2 cycle mechanic. Ran it in my all my gas operated stuff. The blower and trimmer got harder to start with every tank. Ran out and went back to my standard mix of 87 octane with oil and a splash of marine stabil. With one tank my blower is back to starting on the first pull and doesn't smoke. A tank also lasts 2x longer than the tru-fuel

Comment

Hmmm haven't noticed anything. Chainsaw, weedeater, blower running fine. I'll keep my eye on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X