Krivoman windows - Open or Closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krivoman windows - Open or Closed

I got a krivoman blind this spring, got it setup and have yet to hunt it. Do you wait until you have a deer/animal you want to shoot in front of you then open your window or do you open them as soon as you get inside the blind? My thoughts are to open the windows that I may possibly shoot out of as soon as I get there but feel if I kept the windows closed it would help with scent control. Also it may be difficult to open the windows once there are several animals in front of you. How do you hunt out of yours (windows open as soon as you get inside or closed until you see something)? Thanks.

I like keeping them closed for scent control and I can’t sit still. Never was busted w em closed. Busted more than a few times if wind was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Closed when possible. I started a thread on this last year. I’ll see if I can find it.

Comment

I will be keeping mine closed!

Mine are super quiet!

If I see something I wanna shoot I'll open the window when it's time and the deer isn't facing me

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I found it but not sure how to post link.
          The title is Krivoman Hunters

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
            I found it but not sure how to post link.
            The title is Krivoman Hunters
            https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt with them open. Never been winded and don’t have to worry about spooking anything with a mirrored window moving.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

if you figure your wind right no need to keep them closed, take your adderall and be still hahaha

Comment

I have found it not to matter really. It all depends on wind. I have sat with the vent and all windows closed, but when the wind is blowing towards the deer or swirling, they smell me every time. I have also sat with two windows open, and if the wind is blowing away from the deer, they never smell me. Imagine that. All that to say, I think leaving them open is fine, but you still have to play the wind.

As far as visually, I have never had a deer get spooked because they notice a window open or anything like that. It's kind of interesting. Even when deer spook because of scent, they actually never really look straight at the blind. They more are looking around the blind to see what the danger is in the brush behind me. Visually, the blind has become part of the scenery I think, but their nose never fails them.
                  Last edited by 44mAG; 10-14-2019, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X