Art Briles Back in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
    Do you people think he called these parents to move their kids to Vernon school district, are did they move on their own? Honest question.
    Guessing but probably wanted their kids to play for AB, with encouragement from the uncle.

UIL is 50/50 on these in my experience if the parents actually reside in the district (or pretend to well). This happens very often, we had 6 in one season in our district when I was a DEC chair, several that we "knew" were pretending but were ultimately overturned and the kids were allowed to play.

Comment

How in the Heck does a school district, say in the metroplex, keep up with who lives where? Say Duncanville, Tx. Who has to check out their residence? Throw in any of the schools in, DFW metro area, are Houston metro. I'm just curious.

Comment

Just an honest question. Which school official is suppose to check out the kids elgibility to play? Just curious if it's the Principal, Coach, are Sup?
        The principal usually handles the paperwork. Been a while since I was one but the paperwork just said "administrator" so any administrator could. I always did them myself because I knew I'd be the one dealing with it if there was an issue. I did on many occasions go and verify people were living where they said they were and with the people they said they were. The system is not really set up to catch liers, can be very frustrating and hard to prove.

Comment

How in the Heck does a school district, say in the metroplex, keep up with who lives where? Say Duncanville, Tx. Who has to check out their residence? Throw in any of the schools in, DFW metro area, are Houston metro. I'm just curious.
          They don't keep up with it well, usually the best investigators are the parents of the kid playing behind the illegal transfer.. Probably what's happening in Mt V.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
            They don't keep up with it well, usually the best investigators are the parents of the kid playing behind the illegal transfer.. Probably what's happening in Mt V.

True

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'll stop now, but I see no way to check everyone out especially in 5a and 6a schools with 4k students are more.

Comment

My wife had several graduate school classes with him and said he was loud and full of himself back then. Mt Vernon has had a coupla shady coaching situations in the past few years. I'll just leave at that.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                  pretty much a non-story and click bait article....my uncle is the head basketball coach at Mt. Vernon and has said this isn't a issue at all..

Have you talked to your uncle lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                    Interesting. In a town the size of mt Vernon, could AB have overlooked or not been aware of the brothers situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                      You have a lot of drama in and around your life.
                      Nope, just not a spectator, projecting about something I’m clueless about

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                        You’re joking right? The DEC UNANIMOUSLY changed their decision when all the facts came out. It doesn’t happen very often that any governing body changes its mind, let alone does so in a unanimous fashion.

The UIL verdict is coming. Don’t be surprised if their record changes as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        No I’m not, UIL is the official ruling. It’s the high court, right now is political posturing.
                        Last edited by Texans42; 10-11-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                          Interesting. In a town the size of mt Vernon, could AB have overlooked or not been aware of the brothers situation?
                          Maybe but not likely.

My frustration was usually that they only act on actual hard facts not logic or common sense (the DEC often acts on logic/common sense). For instance if the parents say they actually live in the district and have the documentation to imply that they do (utility bill which proves they pay it not that they live there), they will probably let it slide. If the evidence that the dec heard was that there were 7 nights of pics showing that the parents were not there and the parents say it was because they were celebrating their April anniversary for those nights in September at the house they previously lived in...they will let it slide (true story).

As I stated earlier, the system is not set up to catch liars.

Comment

I'll stop now, but I see no way to check everyone out especially in 5a and 6a schools with 4k students are more.
                            We are talking about a handful or less that are involved in varsity sports. In not like each school has hundreds of student athletes to background check.

Comment

Just curious, but if the UIL executive committee after hearing all the facts overturn the decision of the DEC will all the MV and Art Briles bashers come back and apologize. I'll be here once all the facts are revealed and will tell you if I was right or wrong, but one FACT no one has mentioned is that these kids have lived in different places within the district since the first eligibility hearing. It is also a FACT that the house in Colorado which they lived in is vacant and up for sale. If the Executive committee rules him ineligible I will be the first to say I was wrong, but if they do, they will be ruling so on guessing intent. The players that are currently ineligible reside in the Mount Vernon school district.

Comment

Wow everyone knows this happens all across the state . And has been since the early 80s

Comment

Working...
                                X