Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

parents, another kid hurt your kid, what do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Highbridge hand View Post
    you can have it expunged & his record will be totally clean. cost was about 5 grand in 2002.
    OUCH

Comment

I'm on the side of boys being boys... unless I read that right and were talking about a freshman hitting 11 yr old? That ain't right. I'd nip that in the bud right now. Especially if your the coach. You will be held responsible by the other kids parents if they get hurt under your watch.

I'm all for boys being boys, but if theres a kid who's that much older beating up on younger kids, and my boy gets hurt under your watch, I'm gonna have to have a bone to pick with you, then that boys parents. Sports are where boys go to build camraderie and confidence. Not worry about being hurt by some way older kid that sounds like he has an inferiority complex.

There are a few times I can count my dad genuinely beating my butt out of anger and I instantly knew what I did wrong. Hitting my 6 year old younger brother, even if we were just being boys, was one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
        The boys should invite one of the seniors to play with them, and let him take some cheap shots on that freshman. See how he likes it.
        Lol, I have another nephew that's an 8th grader but tough as hell, he was practicing lacrosse on the field next to us, the thought crossed my mind to see if he would join the game for a few minutes.

At the end of the day, I want Brock to stand up for himself, and any other kids, against this kid should something happen again. Being older and bigger I know he'll be hesitant, but I've told him once you make that decision you do it hard and you don't stop till an adult breaks it up.

I just hope he's not hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
          I'm on the side of boys being boys... unless I read that right and were talking about a freshman hitting 11 yr old? That ain't right. I'd nip that in the bud right now. Especially if your the coach. You will be held responsible by the other kids parents if they get hurt under your watch.

I'm all for boys being boys, but if theres a kid who's that much older beating up on younger kids, and my boy gets hurt under your watch, I'm gonna have to have a bone to pick with you, then that boys parents. Sports are where boys go to build camraderie and confidence. Not worry about being hurt by some way older kid that sounds like he has an inferiority complex.

There are a few times I can count my dad genuinely beating my butt out of anger and I instantly knew what I did wrong. Hitting my 6 year old younger brother, even if we were just being boys, was one of them.
          These are kids running around the stadium playing while I'm coaching my other son on the field. There are 3-4 football teams practicing at the same time, plus a few lacrosse teams, so there are siblings running around like idiots for hours out there every night.

Comment

Last edited by Hooverfb; 10-08-2019, 09:15 AM. Reason: I was wrong :)

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              These are kids running around the stadium playing while I'm coaching my other son on the field. There are 3-4 football teams practicing at the same time, plus a few lacrosse teams, so there are siblings running around like idiots for hours out there every night.
              Ok, I get it. Didnt realize the scenario fully. Tougher call, sounds like you handled it right. If hes out there playing with them, that was his call. If he gets in deeper water than he realized suddenly, lesson learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                Ok, I get it. Didnt realize the scenario fully. Tougher call, sounds like you handled it right. If hes out there playing with them, that was his call. If he gets in deeper water than he realized suddenly, lesson learned.
                Agree

Comment

I had an experience similar to this. I was coaching my sons football and at practice, my other boy who was 8 at the time was climbing on things with other kids. An older kid pushed him off and he fell and broke his elbow. My wife was furious and wanted to talk to the parents, and really blow it out of proportion. I chalked it up at the time of boys being boys. Now looking back on it, almost 10k later I might have listened to her! Good thing she isn't on here to see me say that!

Comment

100% what I would tell my kid

Suck it up or don't play. S**T happens

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                      I had an experience similar to this. I was coaching my sons football and at practice, my other boy who was 8 at the time was climbing on things with other kids. An older kid pushed him off and he fell and broke his elbow. My wife was furious and wanted to talk to the parents, and really blow it out of proportion. I chalked it up at the time of boys being boys. Now looking back on it, almost 10k later I might have listened to her! Good thing she isn't on here to see me say that!
                      Lmao man I hope it doesn't come to that

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                        For sure we live in a different world, but I say it was just boys being boys. I would have done the same as you.
                        Yep--that's the way it was when I grew up, and that's the way it needs to be today. Too much parental involvement by helicopter parents and lawnmower parents.

Ever wonder why the younger folks today are so "sensitive" and easily offended?

Comment

Tell Brock to remember that kid's name and face. If your 11 year old is the same size as a HS freshman, let Brock handle it at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
                            Tell Brock to remember that kid's name and face. If your 11 year old is the same size as a HS freshman, let Brock handle it at a later date.
                            Copy that, like Will and Carmine in Good Will Hunting

Comment

Agree with the "boys will be boys" but have to remember, the "good" kids are prevented from being "boys" back to them. As soon as they do, guess who gets in trouble? If it was intentionally trying to injure him I would tell him to handle it himself, he cant allow people to treat him that way. Dealing with that at this very moment with my youngest. If the school doesnt handle it he will be allowed ( by me ) to handle it how ever necessary. If not resolved today the school will be notified by me that their failure to handle it will be noted and we will do whatever it takes to stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                                Agree with the "boys will be boys" but have to remember, the "good" kids are prevented from being "boys" back to them. As soon as they do, guess who gets in trouble? If it was intentionally trying to injure him I would tell him to handle it himself, he cant allow people to treat him that way. Dealing with that at this very moment with my youngest. If the school doesnt handle it he will be allowed ( by me ) to handle it how ever necessary. If not resolved today the school will be notified by me that their failure to handle it will be noted and we will do whatever it takes to stop it.
                                I agree. I think the one point of argument here is if he intentionally hurt my kids feelings, my kid should handle it. If he intentionally hurt my kid physically to the point of potentially costing thousands of dollars, is that a different scenario?

Comment

Working...
                                X