LRGV NWR - Teniente (2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannorocks View Post
    They give you the parking permit during the orientation, just be sure to leave it on the dash of your vehicle when parked. Good luck cuz.
    My brochure doesn’t say anything about orientation

Hunting 1/9-1/12.
    Last edited by txhoghunter73; 09-29-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

This has been a big problem, and will continue to be a big problem with these Texas Draw Hunts. There is a ton of miss information. The only way to fix it is for them to change the system. The hunt brochure just leaves people even more confused than actually helping. Details like orientations left out, they say you need a parking permit but don’t tell you how to get that, they say no cameras, but in the brochure they make no mention of that. So the people that aren’t on tbh or don’t email a pos fws warden could get tickets for doing something they didn’t even no was wrong. This system is broken...

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
        This has been a big problem, and will continue to be a big problem with these Texas Draw Hunts. There is a ton of miss information. The only way to fix it is for them to change the system. The hunt brochure just leaves people even more confused than actually helping. Details like orientations left out, they say you need a parking permit but don’t tell you how to get that, they say no cameras, but in the brochure they make no mention of that. So the people that aren’t on tbh or don’t email a pos fws warden could get tickets for doing something they didn’t even no was wrong. This system is broken...
        There isn’t an orientation at this NWR.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
          There isn’t an orientation at this NWR.
          Yup

Comment

I e mailed the sup on the parking pass. Waiting for reply. No orientation is correct.. It states your scouting period is the Monday before but signs at the refuge say no entry to non hunters during the specified hunting times. I take that as one can still go bird watching or whatever any time there is no hunting.

Comment

According to Imer De La Garza of LGVR I should have received a vehicle placard with my regulations and hunting permit from TPWD. He told me to contact them. I replied to their original e mail.

Comment

I also emailed TPWD about the parking permit. They responded “Please contact the area directly for assistance, you may reach them at 956-784-7500.”

Comment

Originally posted by HuntorFish View Post
                  I also emailed TPWD about the parking permit. They responded “Please contact the area directly for assistance, you may reach them at 956-784-7500.”
                  Same

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                    Same
                    My email from Imer says to contact the TPWD or get back to him and he may help.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown E View Post
                      I e mailed the sup on the parking pass. Waiting for reply. No orientation is correct.. It states your scouting period is the Monday before but signs at the refuge say no entry to non hunters during the specified hunting times. I take that as one can still go bird watching or whatever any time there is no hunting.
                      I did a lot of bird watching at East Lake before my son's hunt there in 2016. Outside of the hunt dates it's open to the public.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Received an updated regulations pdf from LGVNWR and it included a vehicle pass

Comment

Yup same here. I think enough of us inquired about it that they had to send out an update.

Comment

Going for rifle 2/27/20, ive heard that setting up on scat in a pop up and staying put is the way to hunt them. that sound right to yall?

Comment

Originally posted by jhuddleston View Post
                              Going for rifle 2/27/20, ive heard that setting up on scat in a pop up and staying put is the way to hunt them. that sound right to yall?
                              If I got a rifle hunt there, I would be mobile, spot and stalk hunting!! But yes, nilgai use the same spots over and over so that would/could work out.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                                If I got a rifle hunt there, I would be mobile, spot and stalk hunting!! But yes, nilgai use the same spots over and over so that would/could work out.
                                I will prolly do both types of hunting, 4 days sitting in a ground blind will get real old lol. Hopefully we see something, we are the last group for the year so im sure everything will be very skittish

Comment

Working...
                                X