No announcement yet.

2019 Trad Harvest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laughing my butt off about the coon story! I shot one to protect the dogfood while in high school. But I was drawing 65 lbs. The arrow still only made it to the fletching, at 8 yards no less.

Comment

Good job guys! Keep em' coming.

Comment

Nice, eating size pig, good job Ken . Why aren’t you using those wood arrows you shoot so well?

Comment

Congrats on the hog!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
            Nice, eating size pig, good job Ken . Why aren’t you using those wood arrows you shoot so well?
            Haha! Just can’t get out of that carbon funk!

Comment

Congrats Ken.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                Broke in the new Primal Tech this weekend. I’ve only had it 17 days before drawing first blood with it! Went to a friends place where I can only shoot pigs, does, and axis deer.

Friday afternoon got first blood on the new bow with a nice fat sow!

Then Saturday afternoon I was graced with a big old doe!

This morning, I had a HUGE axis buck at 14yds, but he wigged out before he ever turned where I could shoot him!!!! Oh well, maybe next time!!!!

Congrats to everyone on a great start to the season, and good luck the rest of the way out!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very nice Bisch

Comment

Good shootin Ken.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Way2go Ken. They are all trophies.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                      Sat in my tree last night a couple of hours before dark. 7or 8 coons came out when the feeder went off and when they cleaned up all that corn, two big ole " corn fattened" ones climbed up on the feeder which was no easy feat and some how slid down the side of the barrel and were hanging on the feeder motor digging corn out of the slinger. These things have been tearing up my feeders all summer but didn't know how they were doing it until I saw these two 30 or 40 pound suckers hanging on the motor. Since there was no more corn on the ground, it was getting dark and I was wringing wet with sweat anyway I started throwing sticks at them to try and scare them off my feeder without causing to much commotion but they wouldn't leave. Sooo... I plugged one of them. I'm shooting my 45# longbow and it was 20 yds. so it wasn't a passthrough . That thing hit the ground and hauled boogy some how loosing the arrow about 10 yds. away. It never made a sound. Apparently the other coon didn't have a clue of what just happened and kept digging. I have always thought I couldn't shoot a coon because I won't eat one but I'm pretty much at my wits end sooo... I plugged the other one. That thing fell off that feeder and started making the most awful noises I've ever heard, jumping and rolling around growling, snarling, chomping and chewing on that arrow so hard I could hear it crunching 20 yds away and I can't hear it thunder. This went on for 10 or 15 minutes
                      Finally I decided I needed to put this thing down so I walk a little closer so can make a clean kill shot. I made a perfect shot , I thought. Put it squarely in the middle of its head. That coon absolutely exploded! Scared the h--- out of me. Seriously! I've always heard that they can be vicious. Now I believe it! Anyway it was pretty much dark and I was more than pretty much unnerved so I left. Making sure I kept my distance from that thing. I did go back this morning and got my arrows. Now I know I will NEVER shoot another coon.

Danged coons. I had one similar to yours come at me. I made it up the 12' ladder stand without touching a rung lol.

Keep at it guys. Living thru y'all

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had some coons show up trying to empty the feeder. Hit one in the forehead with a vpa small game head. He rolled off cursing like a crite from critters. Looks like I need some cheapo broadhead/arrow setups for removing pests.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang John looks like you popped him good. They are tough, I don't think hogs are any tougher.

Comment

Finally get to add to these threads! Put me one on the board lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                                Sat in my tree last night a couple of hours before dark. 7or 8 coons came out when the feeder went off and when they cleaned up all that corn, two big ole " corn fattened" ones climbed up on the feeder which was no easy feat and some how slid down the side of the barrel and were hanging on the feeder motor digging corn out of the slinger. These things have been tearing up my feeders all summer but didn't know how they were doing it until I saw these two 30 or 40 pound suckers hanging on the motor. Since there was no more corn on the ground, it was getting dark and I was wringing wet with sweat anyway I started throwing sticks at them to try and scare them off my feeder without causing to much commotion but they wouldn't leave. Sooo... I plugged one of them. I'm shooting my 45# longbow and it was 20 yds. so it wasn't a passthrough . That thing hit the ground and hauled boogy some how loosing the arrow about 10 yds. away. It never made a sound. Apparently the other coon didn't have a clue of what just happened and kept digging. I have always thought I couldn't shoot a coon because I won't eat one but I'm pretty much at my wits end sooo... I plugged the other one. That thing fell off that feeder and started making the most awful noises I've ever heard, jumping and rolling around growling, snarling, chomping and chewing on that arrow so hard I could hear it crunching 20 yds away and I can't hear it thunder. This went on for 10 or 15 minutes
                                Finally I decided I needed to put this thing down so I walk a little closer so can make a clean kill shot. I made a perfect shot , I thought. Put it squarely in the middle of its head. That coon absolutely exploded! Scared the h--- out of me. Seriously! I've always heard that they can be vicious. Now I believe it! Anyway it was pretty much dark and I was more than pretty much unnerved so I left. Making sure I kept my distance from that thing. I did go back this morning and got my arrows. Now I know I will NEVER shoot another coon.

Omg I’m laughing out loud in this Mexican restaurant by myself! This was so funny. The first time you hear them scream like that it will make your hair stand on end. Ok I gotta catch my breath and get outta here. Everyone is staring at me.

Comment

Working...
                                X