Octagon Blind ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sixwarden9 View Post
    When you say more expensive, you mean than a regular box blind I'm guessing?
    it could get to be more cause if you build each side 21-24 inches your gonna need more plywood or whatever you side it with. I used smart siding on both mine and made use of all the drop pieces. Mine are 6 foot tall at the most and I used the 2 foot leftovers for one side without a window. The joints got that metal trim in them and caulked then paint.

something I learned when I made the first one with wood is keep the ripped 2x4s together so they match a little better when you assemble. The wooden blind was a beast and the sections were heavy. the steel blind was much easier to build, haul and set up. Steel didn't cost me much more than wood but I was able to get the material at wholesale from my FIL shop

Comment

Originally posted by sixwarden9 View Post
      When you say more expensive, you mean than a regular box blind I'm guessing?
      More expensive than 4x4, where you can use one sheet per side and 1 sheet for top and bottom. On pentagon you need 1 sheet per side, 1 sheet for top, and one sheet for bottom. Need a bit more metal for roof, more windows. A bit sturdier frame on bottom and ceiling for the slightly larger surface area.

Comment

Mine are round, but 6’ across. I have plenty of room.

No wood involved except for the floor. Made from cattle panel, covered in indoor/outdoor carpet and camo netting. You can cut windows wherever you want and put it on any kind of platform. Much lighter to move than wood blinds.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Drycreek3189; 10-04-2019, 02:13 PM.

Comment

One on a wooden platform
          Attached Files

Comment

Stretch it 5x7

Comment

Bringing this back to life..... I'd like to see some pics of the build process if you've got 'em.
              Last edited by Beardedbuck; 03-29-2020, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X