Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled the trigger...so to speak..

Well gang -

I got talked into it. A healthy dose of the Kifarucast and the strong desire to do this for several years - along with a surprise paypal balance - got me here. I plan on shooting as often as I can but I'm not dumping the compound this season. This is my goal for 2020. Get competent (lessons), get comfortable, get reps (hogs), stick a deer next year. I've got some Black Eagle Vintage arrows on the way. Plan is to put 200g up front and see what I can do.

I also blame the trad gang around here. ... looking forward to it.

LaS

Congrats man!

I just bought a recurve from a tbh'r and it came in today.. cant wait to get some time in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! You will love it!

Comment

Welcome aboard!!!!!! Once you get a little taste, it’s really hard not to get hooked!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What he said^^^^^^^^^
          I tried it 11 or 12 years ago and really have not picked.tje compound back up. Take your time and just when you think you will.never figure it out you will suddenly hit where your lookin.

Comment

That'll work.

Gary

Comment

If that is the stock string that came on that Sage, you may want to consider getting a good Flemish twist replacement string. I’ve never had a Sage, but have read plenty of reviews that all say the stock strings are junk.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                If that is the stock string that came on that Sage, you may want to consider getting a good Flemish twist replacement string. I’ve never had a Sage, but have read plenty of reviews that all say the stock strings are junk.

Bisch

Bisch - That's good to know. This is the standard string, so I'll look into it. I'm not entirely sure how to set up the bow. I strung it (without a stringer - that was fun for a newbie) and got in a few three-finger, draw-for-reps in the mirror, but nothing else. Not entirely sure what I need.

Comment

Working...
                X