Weddings? Who pays????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
    Been married 2 years. Parents paid for everything, except photographer. I paid a little over 5k for that, my parents paid for rehearsal dinner and flowers.

Must have been a hell of a photographer. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      In the grand scheme of things, the groom will ultimately pay.......over and over
      Yes, I think in this "modern age" the bride's family pays for the wedding and the groom pays for the divorce.

Comment

They want to get married... let them paid for it, that is what I Did

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          The kids should pay for it themselves

Why is it the parents' responsibility
          Agree 100%

Comment

People have gone crazy with these elaborate wedding and it's plain stupid. I would say here is ............ Dollars you can do what you want with it. Depending how old the kids are and if they have jobs they can pay a lot on their wedding which has a 60 % chance of not lasting anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieRod View Post
              Agree 100%
              Yall must not have kids?? Or dont love them...haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                Yall must not have kids?? Or dont love them...haha.
                I have kids and am willing to help to a degree

I practice what I preach, though. I paid for 90% of mine. My parents pitched in for the rehearsal and her parents bought some wine. We hosted 200 people and had a great party but did it reasonably.

I love when parents host a big party. Those are fun weddings to attend. It just isn't reasonable for most folks. So many things should come first...like retirement, college, house, charity, health insurance, blah blah blah

Comment

I love big weddings as long as I'm not paying.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                    It all comes down to the mothers of the bride and groom. Weddings are mostly for the women folk and money isn't on their mind. I have two daughters, one got married in the Bahamas so I paid for their trip and wedding package plus three more for 7 days and the grooms mother paid for extra pictures. It is my understanding is a Hispanic wedding the groom pays for it.
                    Guess I’m screwed

Comment

I was 32 years old when I got married. My parents paid for the rehearsal dinner. I paid for everything else. My father in law wrote a check to my dad to help out with the rehearsal dinner. Never offered me a dime and I never asked. We had a nice wedding but not over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

FTR, I have a business associate who, it’s rumored, spent about $500k on his only daughter’s wedding. He could afford it, but why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I have a friend who found out her fiancé was cheating on her about 5 months before their wedding. She wanted to call it off and her dad told her “not to embarrass him with his friends and colleagues like that”. He paid a couple hundred k for their wedding and reception. Paid for her to have an apartment for a year after they were married and then she got divorced. It was a really awkward wedding knowing what was going on but it was fancy and there was lots of top shelf booze

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                          I have a friend who found out her fiancé was cheating on her about 5 months before their wedding. She wanted to call it off and her dad told her “not to embarrass him with his friends and colleagues like that”. He paid a couple hundred k for their wedding and reception. Paid for her to have an apartment for a year after they were married and then she got divorced. It was a really awkward wedding knowing what was going on but it was fancy and there was lots of top shelf booze
                          That's insane. Dad of the Year material, huh? Wow.

Comment

We got married 7 years ago. Wedding was @11k with about 250 people. In-laws bought the dress , my mom gave us 2200 and my grandparents gave us @3k. In hind sight it was about 6k too much in expenses. We did all the flowers our selves and I had a very good price on food. I don’t remember much from the wedding , too much stress I guess. I really hope my two daughters understand when it comes time . I would much rather help with a down payment on a house then to hand them 10k plus for a wedding.

Comment

Getting married this Saturday. Her grandmother paid for most of the wedding. Her dad paid for just the DJ which at the point Is still a sore subject with me. My parents paid for rehearsal dinner, all wedding dinner, and a bunch of other small things. And my soon to be wife paid half her dress and we paid for bridesmaids and groomsmen clothes. Personally I would split it that way there is no fighting in the end.

Comment

Fair is half and half and avoid all future headaches
                                Last edited by RiverRat00; 09-30-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X