6.5 saum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 saum

Finally ordered some ammo for my new 6.5 SAUM, here’s a pic next to a 5.56. I need to slap on the scope and sight her in.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by STX_Shooter; 09-30-2019, 03:11 PM. Reason: .

Awesome. I’m chambering up another SAUM for the longer range PRS matches. My current SAUM is a little too light to run in comps.
    If you ever need help with loading, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
      Awesome. I’m chambering up another SAUM for the longer range PRS matches. My current SAUM is a little too light to run in comps.
      If you ever need help with loading, let me know.
      Sounds good, I plan to reload in the future. The rifle from Impact Precision is awesome! It’s a tank, it’s super heavy without the scope!

Comment

I was running a 140 HVLD at 3140 out of a 24” tube on my SAUM. Quite impressive to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          I was running a 140 HVLD at 3140 out of a 24” tube on my SAUM. Quite impressive to say the least.
          I’m excited to see what she does

Comment

What powder and charge weight? Just curious. That's a couple hundred fps faster than my 6.5x284 shooting 143eldx

Comment

The speed nodes on these SAUM's seem to be pretty predictable with H1000 - between 59.5-60.0 and 61.0-61.5 with the 140 hybrids or elite hunters have always shot well for me.

I've had one 24" shoot 3,100 fps and another 26" shoot 3,125 fps - both in 1/4 moa or less.

I have some good notes if you ever get into reloading for it.

Comment

I need to make a trip to Red Beard Gunworks to get the rifle bedded and the scope installed. Not much time left before rifle season starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post
                  What powder and charge weight? Just curious. That's a couple hundred fps faster than my 6.5x284 shooting 143eldx
                  59.6 grains of 4831SC. My rifle just didn’t care for H1000 it seemed. Forgot my seating depth, but it was the original GAP 4S reamer design. Had the rifle built a little over 5 years ago.

Comment

59.6 grains of 4831SC. My rifle just didn’t care for H1000 it seemed. Forgot my seating depth, but it was the original GAP 4S reamer design. Had the rifle built a little over 5 years ago.
                    I haven't read up on the 6.5saum but it must be a pretty efficient case. I'm running 56 grains of retumbo out of a 25" barrel throated for 140s getting right at 2925fps. Not but about 4 grains different.. might sell mine one day and look at building a 6.5 saum.

Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post
                      I haven't read up on the 6.5saum but it must be a pretty efficient case. I'm running 56 grains of retumbo out of a 25" barrel throated for 140s getting right at 2925fps. Not but about 4 grains different.. might sell mine one day and look at building a 6.5 saum.

Thanks for the info
                      The 6.5 SAUM was the inspiration behind the 6.5 PRC. Both were designed by George Gardner of GA Precision. They’re short action mag bolt face calibers. The SAUM has roughly a grain or two more capacity than the PRC, and makes roughly 50-100 FPS better velocity in the 140 class. PRC was designed to be a factory supported option over the SAUM.

Comment

The 6.5 SAUM was the inspiration behind the 6.5 PRC. Both were designed by George Gardner of GA Precision. They’re short action mag bolt face calibers. The SAUM has roughly a grain or two more capacity than the PRC, and makes roughly 50-100 FPS better velocity in the 140 class. PRC was designed to be a factory supported option over the SAUM.
                        I decided to go with the SAUM over the PRC because of the performance. I don’t mind ordering ammo online till I’m ready to load my own.

Comment

I roll my own so factory ammo isn't a must. Wish I would have done a little more research on the saum a few years ago before I trued a 700 and spun on a 6.5x284. I still love the 284 but with just a few grains difference and that much velocity gain, seems like a no brainer. Especially now that ADG is making brass for the 6.5 saum

Comment

Working...
                          X