No announcement yet.

Riddle me this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always labeled the cars with flashers in the rain as "paranoids" I get as far away as possible. I'm with the OP, we all know its freaking raining

Comment

I agree with the OP. Not sure why I find it so irritating. There was a time in my life that I drove a hell of a lot of miles. At age 53 I have logged a lot of miles in the rain. I have never had a wreck because of it and never felt the need to turn on my flashers.

-john

Comment

to inform you that they are not comfortable driving in that situation.......?????

Comment

I will assume y'all are talking about personal vehicles and not commercial, I had to read the thread again. Sorry about posting in it.

Comment

I will throw mine on in a bad rain if i see up front that people are slowing down or an issue is coming up. Also if its so bad and my high wipers make it still difficult to see i dont see what it hurts to try and make myself stand out. Only takes a second for someone to lose track of me and hit me. My life is worth more then that. But in light rains i agree its annoying sometimes but i just pass em and move on.

Comment

Agree with OP. It doesn't blind me, but if they are hanging out in the left lane when people can clearly go faster, they need to move over. It's cool if you can't go fast in the rain, but don't slow down everyone else because your own personal driving ability will not allow you to go as fast as others.

But it will never change, so don't stress yourself too much OP.

Comment

Well that escalated quickly.....some of y'all need to go back to bed and get a redo on the morning!

Comment

Communication between vehicles on the highway is never a bad thing.

Comment

It's the same reason people go slow in the left lane, miss traffic lights looking at their phone, and run red lights. Some people just shouldn't be driving, period.

Comment

I don't do it personally, but have no problem with the people, that want to run with their hazards on. In the grand scheme of things, its really not that big of a deal.

Comment

Almost as annoying as people that use "riddle me this".

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
                          I guess I’m old. I run my flashers in a hard rain. I want that stupid donkey that thinks he can remain at the posted speed or faster and not run up on me. I’m in no hurry.
                          I guess I'm old too. In hard driving rain where you can't hardly see I turn mine on. Same with fog. I drive in the slow lane as well. To many wanna be nascar idiots out there driving to fast.

Comment

I do it when it is pouring so hard you have very limited visibility. Flashers are much easier to see than normal running lights. And if it is annoying you people, then I don't care. It means you saw me and I didn't get rear ended.

Comment

I unknowingly bumped the switch in my truck and turned the flashers on. Took me about a 30 seconds to figure out where the switch was to turn them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                                People complain about this any time there is a significant rain. Not exactly sure what the issue is. They are called hazard lights. The folks with them flashing are letting others know that they themselves are a hazard or there is a hazard nearby. Just trying to catch the attention of the idiots with their faces stuffed in their phones while operating a vehicle.
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X