No announcement yet.

How was your Dove opener?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from just north of Uvalde today. Worst hunt ever. No birds. Huge waste of money for the “outfitter” we paid for. He did nothing to help us find the birds. I don’t believe there are that few birds in Uvalde.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by caa4612 View Post
      Just got back from just north of Uvalde today. Worst hunt ever. No birds. Huge waste of money for the “outfitter” we paid for. He did nothing to help us find the birds. I don’t believe there are that few birds in Uvalde.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Report i got from family hunting that area... birds were great.
      One limited out in 30 min with a .410

Sorry yours didnt work out...

Comment

I couldn't hit squat but fun time.
        Attached Files

Comment

155 birds on Sat in our South Zone opener.

Sunday was a bit slower at 72 birds .

Mostly mourning with a few WW and Eurasians mixed in.

Time to relax next weekend and focus on bowhunting now! Wheeeew!... pretty decent last two weekends after a nutkick rainy opening weekend ...

Comment

Im headed to dilley this thursday for annual trip..

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
              Not bad. Had a good time with my wife. Hunted north of sabinal and stayed in Concan. It was a good getaway for us. First time since the new baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Those look like high fence doves.

Comment

I’m yet to even load a shotgun this year

Comment

I don't have much to report as far as numbers go, but me and the manchild (8) slipped up to the farm yesterday evening. He was adamant that he could "roll" a dove or 6 with his new 410, so we grabbed a box of #4 shot (all I had) and gave it a go. It only took 15 shots, but he got his first. ~45 yards, L to R, dropped like a stone. I'm proud of him for far more than this, but yesterday was a special day.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Coming from a family that did absolutely no bird hunting, including ducks. I hunted quail, so as far as I know that was it.

The question is, why do yall Dove hunt? Yes this is a serious question, simply because I don't know.

And Smart, what is a Squab?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      Coming from a family that did absolutely no bird hunting, including ducks. I hunted quail, so as far as I know that was it.

The question is, why do yall Dove hunt? Yes this is a serious question, simply because I don't know.

And Smart, what is a Squab?

Squab is a young pigeon... but we call all pigeons squabs in slang.

We dove hunt for the wingshooting challenge, the camaraderie with family and friends, the shooting action, the fun, the dove eating and the bbq/beer drinking afterwards. Been hunting the same SoTX property for 40 years.

Comment

Im mad at them.
                        Not sure why yet... but figured its them or me.. and i got the gun.

Comment

Mine was good!

Comment

Awesome opener for us this weekend.

Every hunter limited Sat/Sun. I needed a hunt like this after the birds were nonexistent last year.

Comment

Ok thanx. Sounds like fun. Doves are safe with me. I havent shot a shotgun in years.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                                We've had 3 decent hunts here. The unfortunate thing is I have just as many birds pass on the city side of me where I can't shoot due to houses so they get a free pass. It would be easy limits if there weren't houses around.

Was shooting my bow yesterday in the same spot, saw 1 dove from 630 til dark. Not just 1 dove flew over me, 1 dove total. Last time I hunted I probably saw in the 300 range.

Comment

Working...
                                X