No announcement yet.

*!#^$%%^@ rock truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lugs ripping into your car is **** sure their responsibility!

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
      From what i read online. They are responsible if the rock or debris falls off there truck and hits you directly. If the rock hits the road first or they run over a rock causing it to fly up, they are not responsible.
      How can you prove it came off of the truck ? There is so much debris on the road now from all of the construction, I have had about 6 windshields cracked over the past 10 years, not one time did it come from an 18 wheeler. That being said I have seen debris falling off of trucks before.

Comment

That’s one reason not to stay in their blind spot

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          The law says if it hits the road then your car he’s not responsible. If it comes directly off his bed onto your car he IS responsible.
          This predates dash cameras. Want to know what happens when your lawyer shows the trucking company's lawyer a video of object falling off their truck, hitting the road, then hitting your vehicle?

You get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
            How can you prove it came off of the truck ? There is so much debris on the road now from all of the construction, I have had about 6 windshields cracked over the past 10 years, not one time did it come from an 18 wheeler. That being said I have seen debris falling off of trucks before.
            At that time of day on 75, there is a whole lot of witnesses.
            Originally posted by CAHCAH View Post
            I was in a completely different lane. Crap was hitting cars in 3 of the 4 lanes.

I didn't chase him down. I got stopped quick enough to pull over and check on the folks in the Prius.

Comment

Dang...

Comment

Sorry, I was referring to the pic of the lug nuts opening up the side of the car.

Comment

That's a pretty big rock to take the Prius out like that, I have to wonder if that goes under the category of failing to secure the load properly. And thus the rocks hitting you would also fall under that ruling? IDK
                  A dash cam helps. I have used one for years now.

Comment

Originally posted by CAHCAH View Post
                    He was passing me on my left side , I don’t know how to avoid that
                    And how did he not notice he hit two cars “ I guess he did , and just HA’d away from the accident

Comment

And old farmer who used to live close to me had an old cattle trailer with no fenders. With Goodyear mud grips on it. He always said if someone was tailgating him, he'd just ease over onto the white rock shoulder. Said he once knocked his own rear view mirror off, though...lol

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post

Says the guy with concrete trucks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                          If the thumb up smilie worked on here, this would be the quote to use it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                            Just speaking from experience, we get calls weekly, most of the time the insurance claims road hazard. I pulled out of a construction sight the other day after a rain, my tires had some mud and gravel on them, crap was flying everywhere, I felt bad about it, I don't think I damaged anyones car, at least I did not have anyone pull up beside me waving a finger, lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X