Well, after two years...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, after two years...

I took a chance and got my bow down to see if I could shoot it. I shared in the past that I lost last year's bow season due to shoulder surgery July 2018 for a partially torn rotator cuff and torn labrum. I know that I am headed for another surgery- another 13mm tear and arthritic narrowing of the gap between the bones of my shoulder which is leading to bone on bone when I extend or rotate my arm. Well, it is feeling about as good as it has felt in over a year so I took a chance. I took one turn off my limbs after pulling it the first time and shot about a dozen times. The good news is I survived it without seeming to hurt my shoulder more than it already is. The bad news is it wasn't pretty. Going to have to build my bow shooting strength back up but I am going to try to be ready by opening day.

Good luck! I hope you can stay healthy through the season!

Comment

Man be careful Russ... You for sure don't want to over-do it. Might want to get you a lighter peak weight bow and use that until you get your arm conditioned to shooting again...

Good luck with it man!

Comment

Don't make it any worse. Good luck.

Comment

Good luck. I’m kinda in same situation after elbow surgery last spring. Been thinking about trying to shoot. Just don’t want to be disappointed

Comment

Few years back I ruptured and tore my bicep tendon and tore something in my forearm. Had to incisions on above the bend in my elbow and one below . This happened on July 3 had surgery July 6. Was in a cast for 7 weeks. Then rehabbed my arse off. Killed a buck in Kansas 2nd week nov. I taped my arm/elbow up like I did when I rode Bareback horses. Took a lot of the weight off my elbow
            Last edited by BrandonA; 09-12-2019, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Don't make it any worse. Good luck.
              What he said.

Comment

Hope you are able to enjoy bow season without hurting your shoulder further.

Comment

Take it slow and easy but glad to read that you are back in the game.

-john

Comment

Don’t fight it, get a bow that shoots 45 of 50 lbs. that plenty for whitetail.
                    Good luck with all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                      I took a chance and got my bow down to see if I could shoot it. I shared in the past that I lost last year's bow season due to shoulder surgery July 2018 for a partially torn rotator cuff and torn labrum. I know that I am headed for another surgery- another 13mm tear and arthritic narrowing of the gap between the bones of my shoulder which is leading to bone on bone when I extend or rotate my arm. Well, it is feeling about as good as it has felt in over a year so I took a chance. I took one turn off my limbs after pulling it the first time and shot about a dozen times. The good news is I survived it without seeming to hurt my shoulder more than it already is. The bad news is it wasn't pretty. Going to have to build my bow shooting strength back up but I am going to try to be ready by opening day.
                      Get a low poundage bow. Best move I have made.

Comment

Hope you get it worked out Russ!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Don't over do it. Best of luck this season.

Comment

Working...
                          X