No announcement yet.

How would you respond to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing, if I buy used anything and I don't inspect it and there is an issue it's all on me.

Comment

Caveat emptor unless the seller made specific claims that the rifles were in pristine condition and well oiled with no rust.

That looks like simply surface rust; if so, that could have developed overnight by a little moisture. Still, if the gun was properly lubricated, it would not have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
        Nothing, if I buy used anything and I don't inspect it and there is an issue it's all on me.
        My thoughts as well. I buy used to save money. I know there’s a chance I’m buying someone else’s mistake, but I’ll come out ahead in the long run. If I lose money on one I’ll make it up on the next 10 I buy without issue.

Comment

Spray some rem oil on it and go shoot it.

Comment

Buyers fault. It would be like buying a truck and not looking under the hood.

Comment

Whats the bolt face look like, that should be your first indicator. But a brass brush and a drill will clean that right up.

Comment

Need more info... So what was the purchase price and how does it shoot??
                Is that a Savage?

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                  If I bought that off another forum I’d chalk that up to experience. If that happened here, I’d burn the guys chances of selling anything here to the ground if he didn’t make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Why would you blame someone else for your mistake here and not somewhere else?

Comment

How is the rest of the bore?? Take an undersized brass brush & wrap it with 0000 steel wool & that will clean the chamber right up.

If the lead / rifling is damaged then it could affect the accuracy, but I've seen plenty of bores that look like gator skin shoot lights out. Let the paper indicate if it's a keeper, not the looks of the internals.

Comment

Buyer beware

Comment

I enlarged the picture and see brass and rust is this correct? There is a real sharp burr on the chamber mouth as well. Need a little more information to determine what is in there. What does the bolt face look like, is the extractor and ejector still good? Someone bought another man's junk, your bud got his eyes poked out with that purchase.

I would take it to a good gunsmith and let them run a bore scope in the chamber and the throat. If that is just rust build up then the bolt and trigger needs to be taken apart and cleaned as well.

I would not just go shoot it, but I aint the one owning it so do what you want I reckon.

Comment

I would burn to the ground every town that anyone the seller ever knew lived in, no question about it.

Comment

If it was bought in person, thats on the buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                              I would burn to the ground every town that anyone the seller ever knew lived in, no question about it.

Lmao[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn't expect the seller to do anything.

I would expect the buyer to fully inspect anything he buys and not throw a fit about it....

Comment

Working...
                                X