Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Buc-cees biased against west texas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Boerne isn't west Texas, but Buccee's has been trying to open a store there for years. I heard the city has basically kept them away

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      There is a buccees N-E-S of the metroplex, all over the South and SE, heck even putting them in LA and between Mobile and Pensacola. But none west of DFW. What do they have against West Texas. Sure would be great to have a good stop for ice and corn on the way to the lease. Plenty of land west of Weatherford. They would make a killin'
      I know, thats crap lol.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
        I know Boerne isn't west Texas, but Buccee's has been trying to open a store there for years. I heard the city has basically kept them away
        They have land here in boerne just waiting on road construction to finish .

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
          It will be built very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by JONES45LC View Post
            They have land here in boerne just waiting on road construction to finish .
            I knew they had the land for a long time, but I was told by a few locals, the city was trying to keep them out. I don't know why except it could hurt a few of the mom & pop type convenience store. Buccee's pay is more than competitive

Comment

Originally posted by Thayden2 View Post
              Why do cowboy's tuck their pants into their boots?
              Only the ones from Oklahoma.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                Simple economics. Look at the locations and the average number of cars that drive by most locations.
                I would imagine that the traffic that pass by a current Bucee's daily is equivalent to several days or a weeks worth of traffic out west
                I guess nobody travels I20, not much out there except Midland, Odessa, El Paso, Abilene, California. Should I go on? Just as much or more traffic than I45. Also if there is enough traffic for two stores within 10min of each other on 35E and 35W in Denton area there is enough to travel west of DFW.

Economics seem pretty clear to me, anyone that travel west of dfw much knows there is nothing more than loves gas stations between weatherford and abilene.

I’m sure there is a reason, I just can’t figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  I'm no scientist, but...
                  How many locals do you think actually shop at buccees? It’s travelers

Comment

Matter of time. Weatherford is about to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Love having one here in Denton and on 35W on the way to Ft Worth. I can hit one and if I forget something have another shot..

Well there you go...problem solved. ..End thread/
                      Heck no, we need to argue something

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        Matter of time. Weatherford is about to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Man I’m ready!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                          How many locals do you think actually shop at buccees? It’s travelers
                          Try again

Comment

I’ve got two within 15 minutes of my house. I can get to another in 30 minutes.
                            But I’d like to have another on my way to work.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
                              FYI - one is going in at Weatherford at I-20 and Centerpoint Rd. Land has been purchased. Construction will start when service road construction is completed.

Trailboss
                              Didn’t know this! That’ll work though!

Comment

I’m 45 min north of the closest Bucc-ees and I still drive all the way down there sometimes just to “shop” and eat their food. I love that place. 20lb bag of ice is .99 cents when a 10lb bag is $2.50+ at most stores. Gas is super cheap. The beef jerky is awesome. The roasted nuts are amazing. The fudge....well no words can describe. The fried potatoes are quite tasty. I can easily spend an hour in there just eating and looking around. You guys out west....sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X