No announcement yet.

Cheap bore sighting gizmo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never not been able to get a good zero in 5 shots or less looking down the bore.

Comment

IF you can get it seated just right, and the laser goes straight, they work ok for getting onto paper at 25 yds. I have used it on my Lever Action before and it got me close.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Anyone use one of these caliber-specific lasers for bore sighting? Do they work? It's worth $20 if it can just get me close before I head to the range to sight-in.

[ATTACH]953197[/ATTACH]
        They should work very well. I have never used one for their intended purposes. I have built multiple laser tools using those bore sighters, they work good for the tools I made using them.

Comment

I have one similar that attaches to the barrel with magnets and it works.

Comment

firefield makes one i think ..sticks on the end of the barrel...will get you on paper at least.

Comment

I bought those like in Pic in 2 diff calibers ..no workie for me...eyeball it through bore then ,choot at 25y then go up...works for me..

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                So far there are three replies from people who have actually used one. Thanks for answering the question. I am familiar with removing the bolt and looking down the barrel. I think the first time I did it was was sometime during the Gerald Ford administration. I was just curious if this particular gadget works as advertised.
                I should have added; I have used them in the past. The problem is that the laser is not bright enough to see on paper at any distance in daylight. You would have to use it in the house and guesstimate where it should be. I have had mixed results with this method.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  Find the magnetic Leopold gizmo you stick on the muzzle & then dial in...better all around bore sighter gadget available.
                  I have a similar one and it will get it close, I like it because I can do it in the backyard and then head to the range. I've had a good experience with it.

Comment

Thanks for all the input fellas. I decided to pass on buying one - a buddy offered to lend me his Sightlite. I'm sure it will work better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sitelight.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	24576256

Comment

Outside of looking down the barrel, the old school pilots that have a housing with a grid are the best method to bore-sight, just be very careful with the pilots. I would not let just anyone stick one of those things down my barrel.

There are several diff brands but they all look similar to this:

Comment

yea if bolt I just look through barrel and click scope to where it is. gets you on paper every time.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                          If it is a bolt gun nothing is better than just looking down the bore at the target.
                          This. Gets me on paper every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use them and love them. They will have you on paper at 100yds with the first shot.

Comment

Looking down the bore works on AR’s as well. Pull the rear pin, leave the front in. Pull out BCG and charge handle. Prop it on the bags to see something at distance through the bore. Adjust scope to center on the something. I did this this afternoon, first shot was 2 mils left and 0.5 mil low at 100 yards. Next 5 shots went into a tidy 3/4” group.

Comment

I used one to sight in my AR.
                                Easier than actual bore sighting an AR.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X