What gun did you buy today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What gun did you buy today?

Just ran 150 rounds through the new EDC piece and it’s a winner.
    A box each of 142, 124 and 115 ball.
    Last edited by meltingfeather; 03-22-2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

My 1st Garand from 1944
      Attached Files

Comment

Got a Couple of lefty shotty's on consignment for you south paws if anyone is looking.

Buy online at GunBroker.com, the world's largest gun auction site. GunBroker.com has for sale from thousands of trusted sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by mars1107 View Post
          Bought these 2 a few days ago, new Gen 5 Glocks G45 and G48, both 9mm's

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

The 48 has my attention. How is it to carry? can't decide between the 48 and 43x.

thanks

Comment

I like the weight and feel of the longer slide and barrel of the 48 I feel it helps with recoil, if I want to carry a smaller frame I also have the 42 with +2 extended mags. It's not hard to hide a longer slide, I mostly use belt slide holsters.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
              My 1st Garand from 1944

Wow what an awesome piece of history congratulations on a beautiful rifle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 1st Garand from 1944

That’s an International Harvester bolt pictured (however I’m not aware of heat lot “A”, closest I know of are A5 and AS). The SA serial number on the receiver indicates March 1944 however if IHC built the rifle and used a Springfield receiver then it would be >4MM. Interested in the other stamped parts (barrel, trigger group, hammer, etc) indicate IHC or Springfield. IHC used SA parts early on due to not having the correct equipment to manufacture their own, but wasn’t familiar with them using receivers.

Comment

Smith & Wesson Model 65..3 inch barrel..357 magnum
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Keg View Post
                    Smith & Wesson Model 65..3 inch barrel..357 magnum
                    Sweet gun!
                    Those rubber grips are probably more comfy but it would look really cool with some old wood stocks and a Tyler T grip adapter

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
                      Sweet gun!
                      Those rubber grips are probably more comfy but it would look really cool with some old wood stocks and a Tyler T grip adapter

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                      Thank ya sir.... I have the factory grips..I plan to carry this one hunting and don’t want to damage the originals....

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                        That’s an International Harvester bolt pictured (however I’m not aware of heat lot “A”, closest I know of are A5 and AS). The SA serial number on the receiver indicates March 1944 however if IHC built the rifle and used a Springfield receiver then it would be >4MM. Interested in the other stamped parts (barrel, trigger group, hammer, etc) indicate IHC or Springfield. IHC used SA parts early on due to not having the correct equipment to manufacture their own, but wasn’t familiar with them using receivers.
                        I broke it all down and took pics of all markings. I borrowed 2 books from a fellow coltforum member.

So much info on these guns. I do know the barrel is marked "NM" for a National Match barrel.

I did look at videos at learned about "Garand Thumb". I was cautious in practicing loading the 8 round clip.

Comment

Rohm model 60 revolver in both 22lr and 22mag grom McBrides. I just went by after dropping wife in downtown Austin. Walked out for $102.84.

Timing and lockup are great. Looks like 22 mag cylinder has never been used.

Comment

Pics
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                              Here are some more pics
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here are some more pics

Your receiver is definitely a 1944 SA. Interested in hearing what you come up with in your research about the history of your rifle.

Comment

Working...
                                X