Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a good deal on a Disney Vacation package.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
    Cheapest quote so far has been right at 5k for 2 adults 2 kids 4days 5 nights

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    including airfare or fuel for travel or not?

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
      Thank you sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We have only gotten 3 quotes from one person so far I'll keep you updated on new ones if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
        including airfare or fuel for travel or not?
        No just Parks and lodging

Comment

We have only gotten 3 quotes from one person so far I'll keep you updated on new ones if you want.

Yes please

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
            What kind of bill am I looking at......two adults two kids(10&8), Disney resort, 7 days. I understand there are many variables, just looking for ballpark.

We are at a little under $8,000 for 4 people for the same length of time, but that includes first class airfare for 4 people (not my choice, don't hate).

Comment

Just an FYI on the comparable pricing questions, keep in mind there are a lot of variables that go into that price that one family may get over another. Just a few days difference in birth date makes a child an adult at 9 years old, kids under 3 are free. The main variable is the time of year and the resort you choose. Some are $150/night and others are $400/night, if not more. Another big option is the dining plan and it's many levels of choice.

Having been a lot, I will say this, a room is simply where you sleep at night for 80% of the patrons. There are some folks that prefer to hang out at the resort and relax. Those folks typically are staying high end, enjoying spa days and the like. We prefer the parks over the resorts. We have a great time at Pop Century and stay there most of the time, again, it's less expensive and we rarely stay in a day. Granted, we have stayed at the Deluxes, Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge and they are great in their own respect and have more to see and explore. You will typically have less crowds at the higher end resorts but less dining choices as well, whereas the Value have a food court set up.

One more thing I will toss out and it's kind of a pet peeve of mine, lol. As a husband, get involved in the planning please, lol. I say it in jest but serious too. Disney is a big deal, especially for kids and I hate to see it tarnished by arguing parents, which I have seen a lot of in my trips. Most Dads think it's their job to just pay for it and be present and it's a actually great experience. I know it's crowded, it can be hot but it is what you make of it. Sit down with the wife or planner and get involved, pick some places to eat, earmark some things you want to see and have a good time.

As someone mentioned, it's the cleanest place you will see with that many people present and they do pretty much everything right. Another neat fact, they are the largest single site employer in the US, and all happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Just an FYI on the comparable pricing questions, keep in mind there are a lot of variables that go into that price that one family may get over another. Just a few days difference in birth date makes a child an adult at 9 years old, kids under 3 are free. The main variable is the time of year and the resort you choose. Some are $150/night and others are $400/night, if not more. Another big option is the dining plan and it's many levels of choice.

Having been a lot, I will say this, a room is simply where you sleep at night for 80% of the patrons. There are some folks that prefer to hang out at the resort and relax. Those folks typically are staying high end, enjoying spa days and the like. We prefer the parks over the resorts. We have a great time at Pop Century and stay there most of the time, again, it's less expensive and we rarely stay in a day. Granted, we have stayed at the Deluxes, Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge and they are great in their own respect and have more to see and explore. You will typically have less crowds at the higher end resorts but less dining choices as well, whereas the Value have a food court set up.

One more thing I will toss out and it's kind of a pet peeve of mine, lol. As a husband, get involved in the planning please, lol. I say it in jest but serious too. Disney is a big deal, especially for kids and I hate to see it tarnished by arguing parents, which I have seen a lot of in my trips. Most Dads think it's their job to just pay for it and be present and it's a actually great experience. I know it's crowded, it can be hot but it is what you make of it. Sit down with the wife or planner and get involved, pick some places to eat, earmark some things you want to see and have a good time.

As someone mentioned, it's the cleanest place you will see with that many people present and they do pretty much everything right. Another neat fact, they are the largest single site employer in the US, and all happy.
                The wife wants to know if the meal plan is worth it??

Comment

The wife wants to know if the meal plan is worth it??

That's a loaded question, lol. For some, it's perfect, others, it can be too much food. It all depends on what and how you like to eat your meals as well as the kids eating habits, pending their ages. Also, the dining plan does not include a tip for service nor alcohol.

We like to eat and we never share meals between the wife and I. For couples that split meals, it too can work but it's usually too much food if you both order a meal, or you wind up with unused meals at the end of the trip. Unless you are eating at the resort, you typically don't take food to go so it's a waste. It will work if you have hungry kids though and you more or less share the entrees amongst the family but I think that would only work with younger kids?

For us it has been worth it on the standard plan of a snack, a quick serve and a sit down meal. 90% of the time we are getting a snack for breakfast, have a quick serve in the park and then an evening sit down meal at a nice place. We will always have breakfast at Tusker House in AK one day as it is great. NOTE, This plan is the same now but has 2 snacks and a refillable mug. This is the plan to get.

Early on when it first came out, our youngest at the time ate adult meals. He was 7 or 8 and did not eat kids food, not into the little kids meals that are usually perfect for his age. He ate steak/fish and those were not options on the kids plan for nearly all the restaurants. Granted he is 16 now, 6'3" & 210#, lol. He just liked adult food.

What we do find is that on the last day we have a lot of snacks left over for a family of 4 and will go get 15-20 snacks for the trip home and use them up.

The wife went back over Labor Day for 5 days and they were on the Deluxe Plan and it was way too much food with 3 sit down meals and a lot of credit's didn't get used. It wasn't her call and came with the package but she would not advise it.

The one thing to take away for sure is to plan 1 sit down meal a day, whether it be a character meal buffet style or somewhere else. Get one good meal in there each day where everyone can relax and eat, recap the day, watch the fireworks, etc. And keep in mind, sometimes that meal might be breakfast.

You can't get though Disney on Chicken Fingers and hamburgers alone, lol, it gets old quick.

Comment

You could get a South Texas lease for that ignart arse kinda money! Priorities son!

Comment

That's a loaded question, lol. For some, it's perfect, others, it can be too much food. It all depends on what and how you like to eat your meals as well as the kids eating habits, pending their ages. Also, the dining plan does not include a tip for service nor alcohol.

We like to eat and we never share meals between the wife and I. For couples that split meals, it too can work but it's usually too much food if you both order a meal, or you wind up with unused meals at the end of the trip. Unless you are eating at the resort, you typically don't take food to go so it's a waste. It will work if you have hungry kids though and you more or less share the entrees amongst the family but I think that would only work with younger kids?

For us it has been worth it on the standard plan of a snack, a quick serve and a sit down meal. 90% of the time we are getting a snack for breakfast, have a quick serve in the park and then an evening sit down meal at a nice place. We will always have breakfast at Tusker House in AK one day as it is great. NOTE, This plan is the same now but has 2 snacks and a refillable mug. This is the plan to get.

Early on when it first came out, our youngest at the time ate adult meals. He was 7 or 8 and did not eat kids food, not into the little kids meals that are usually perfect for his age. He ate steak/fish and those were not options on the kids plan for nearly all the restaurants. Granted he is 16 now, 6'3" & 210#, lol. He just liked adult food.

What we do find is that on the last day we have a lot of snacks left over for a family of 4 and will go get 15-20 snacks for the trip home and use them up.

The wife went back over Labor Day for 5 days and they were on the Deluxe Plan and it was way too much food with 3 sit down meals and a lot of credit's didn't get used. It wasn't her call and came with the package but she would not advise it.

The one thing to take away for sure is to plan 1 sit down meal a day, whether it be a character meal buffet style or somewhere else. Get one good meal in there each day where everyone can relax and eat, recap the day, watch the fireworks, etc. And keep in mind, sometimes that meal might be breakfast.

You can't get though Disney on Chicken Fingers and hamburgers alone, lol, it gets old quick.
                      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        You could get a South Texas lease for that ignart arse kinda money! Priorities son!
                        Making memories and investing in the future of my relationship.
                        Happy wife happy life!!

Comment

We are planning to go in 2 years and this was very useful!
                          How far out would you start planning if I want to go in the let's say April or May 2020?
                          Thanks for posting the question BTB.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam G. View Post
                            We are planning to go in 2 years and this was very useful!
                            How far out would you start planning if I want to go in the let's say April or May 2020?
                            Thanks for posting the question BTB.
                            I would say to start saving now if you are planning that far out, it can't hurt. At the very least, you need to start making dinner reservations 180 days out, if you wait until 2-3 months out, it's a struggle.

Do some homework regarding school schedules to see when their Spring Break falls and avoid those. The first week in May should be great but I know that some schools are deferring to 2 separate week long breaks in the spring nowdays, try to avoid the April one for sure. I would avoid late May just due to the rush of early vacationers leaving a few days before school lets out for Summer.

Comment

No just Parks and lodging

I figured - My brother took his family this past summer and even with round trip flights paid for by rewards points it was still over $6k

My clan is out of luck
                              Last edited by Codie; 12-19-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I would say to start saving now if you are planning that far out, it can't hurt. At the very least, you need to start making dinner reservations 180 days out, if you wait until 2-3 months out, it's a struggle.

Do some homework regarding school schedules to see when their Spring Break falls and avoid those. The first week in May should be great but I know that some schools are deferring to 2 separate week long breaks in the spring nowdays, try to avoid the April one for sure. I would avoid late May just due to the rush of early vacationers leaving a few days before school lets out for Summer.
                                Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X