X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
    I don’t get it

These 2 toms just left their hens and ran a jake out of the field

They tolerated the jake decoy for 30 minutes!!!
    Must be that DSD decoy! Not real enough

Comment

8 jakes
      6 gobblers

It’s chaos over there....maybe they’ll come play with my strutter

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
        Must be that DSD decoy! Not real enough

Prolly smell me

Comment

Prolly smell me

You should spray down with vanilla [emoji2957][emoji23]

Comment

2 longbeards, 5 hens and 2 strutting jakes slowly makin their way towards me

187 yards out

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              I see those JMalin tips are paying off!! Well done and congrats!!

You nailed it when you said "it only takes 10 good minutes of hunting to make an afternoon of frustration worth it!"

Truth be told I was headed to the feeder going to check the card and tote the popup incase there was a chance of any recent activity, but got held up before I got there killing willing souls!

Comment

2 longbeards, 5 hens and 2 strutting jakes slowly makin their way towards me

187 yards out

Getem!

Comment

Comment

All it takes is 10 good minutes of hunting!

Congrats!

Comment

Nice congrats!!

What the hell is that on top of your lip? Caterpillar?

Comment

Congrats! Super jealous. Was going to head to Brady tomorrow but im not sure any more. Looks like it is going to pour. Our lease is a mud pit.

Comment

Great bird! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Little recap

I got the gate about 5:50 this morning because I wanted to be able to drive as far as I could. I was setup and waiting by about 6:15

Not a single gobble was heard!!

Around 7:15 I peaked out the back of the blind and saw a few hens and 2 strutters heading my way. Due to where they were coming from, I assumed they were the jakes have been runnin the show lately. I was wrong....it was 2 longbeards and they roosted in a totally different spot than they have all season.

Long story short, I had a few close calls but the birds wouldn’t fully commit. At one point, there were 8 jakes and 6 gobblers running all over the place!!!

At 9:55, I decided I’d make a move and try to go get em. They were working towards the river bottom and I knew I could use the elevation change to get pretty close.

30 minutes (and 1 1/2 miles) later, I had the 2 gobblers at 15 yards.

It wasn’t the textbook hunt I prefer, but it’ll do [emoji4]

Comment

Little recap

I got the gate about 5:50 this morning because I wanted to be able to drive as far as I could. I was setup and waiting by about 6:15

Not a single gobble was heard!!

Around 7:15 I peaked out the back of the blind and saw a few hens and 2 strutters heading my way. Due to where they were coming from, I assumed they were the jakes have been runnin the show lately. I was wrong....it was 2 longbeards and they roosted in a totally different spot than they have all season.

Long story short, I had a few close calls but the birds wouldn’t fully commit. At one point, there were 8 jakes and 6 gobblers running all over the place!!!

At 9:55, I decided I’d make a move and try to go get em. They were working towards the river bottom and I knew I could use the elevation change to get pretty close.

30 minutes (and 1 1/2 miles) later, I had the 2 gobblers at 15 yards.

It wasn’t the textbook hunt I prefer, but it’ll do [emoji4]
                                Way to get it done Partner

Comment

Working...
                                X