Abbot's Executive Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
    Never knew how many epidemiologists and infectious disease experts we had on the GS...I’m sure it’s all just a huge government conspiracy to strip all of our freedoms. Carry on.
    Some people dont get it. I am with you on this one. This aint no joke. I am not looking at models. I looking at results in other countries that can be trusted like Italy and Spain.

I dont think they get the number of people this will effect and the purpose of staying home. It is not to stop the spread. We cant do that. It is to hopefully slow it to a manageable number.

I sure hope I am wrong. Never wanted to be wrong this bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
      Some people dont get it. I am with you on this one. This aint no joke. I am not looking at models. I looking at results in other countries that can be trusted like Italy and Spain.

I dont think they get the number of people this will effect and the purpose of staying home. It is not to stop the spread. We cant do that. It is to hopefully slow it to a manageable number.

What areas of the US are hospitals overwhelmed as of now? NY, i would assume...curious about others.

I also wonder how many of the extremely ill are seeing positive results from the hydrochloroquine....

Comment

I live in the metroplex. Need to pick up a processed steer just north of Austin tomorrow morning. Assuming this is considered "essential"? Long range grocery shopping?

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
          Highest tax rate per year.
          What is your point?

Comment

Originally posted by gspbrad View Post
            I live in the metroplex. Need to pick up a processed steer just north of Austin tomorrow morning. Assuming this is considered "essential"? Long range grocery shopping?
            Go get your steer! It will be perfectly fine! Its groceries

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
              I agree 100% Dale! We had a company wide meeting this morning. All exempt employees are taking a 6% paycut starting May 1st and all non exempt employees must take 10 days off with out pay but those days can be taken one at time whenever starting in June. Also the 3% 401k they just give us every check is suspended for the rest of the year. This was to save the company money and people's jobs without having to layoff anyone right now. We are super busy right now and will be in June also so I don't know how this is gonna work out lol. I will make those hours back in ot anyhow. Just thankful to still be working when millions are losing there jobs.
              Where my wife works they did something similar. 10% pay cut, no 401k match and she must work at home 1 day a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Every time these numbers come out, I wonder....how many of those 400 people felt/will feel bad for over 48hrs? And what were the circumstances of the 3?
                I will say what I know from a story with a colleague of my wife's. Yes, the man was overweight, possibly diabetic, possible heart condition but only assumed, 53 years old. He had no real symptoms and then developed flu like conditions, fever, cough, aches, then had trouble breathing after 3 days. Went to 3 different places before being admitted on a Sunday, was tested Sunday, positive result returned on Wednesday evening, organs started failing after midnight and died at noon on Thursday.

Regarding spreading the virus, he was a musician and played gigs and such, as well as a band director. Played a gig on 3/14 at a pub and 7 people in the audience have tested positive.

What areas of the US are hospitals overwhelmed as of now? NY, i would assume...curious about others.
                Supposedly Louisiana is overwhelmed with this yet I know of several hospital surgical nurses that are furloughed until further notice. They are collecting on call pay once every 4 weeks for $2.50 for 24 hours. Why are they not being put back on staff to help if the area is so short of nurses? I know of 3 in Sulphur/Lake Charles area but their whole crews are sitting at home,

Comment

I also wonder how many of the extremely ill are seeing positive results from the hydrochloroquine....
                  Check for your self
                  Explore forecasts of COVID-19 cases, deaths, and hospital resource use.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    I will say what I know from a story with a colleague of my wife's. Yes, the man was overweight, possibly diabetic, possible heart condition but only assumed, 53 years old. He had no real symptoms and then developed flu like conditions, fever, cough, aches, then had trouble breathing after 3 days. Went to 3 different places before being admitted on a Sunday, was tested Sunday, positive result returned on Wednesday evening, organs started failing after midnight and died at noon on Thursday.

Regarding spreading the virus, he was a musician and played gigs and such, as well as a band director. Played a gig on 3/14 at a pub and 7 people in the audience have tested positive.

Supposedly Louisiana is overwhelmed with this yet I know of several hospital surgical nurses that are furloughed until further notice. They are collecting on call pay once every 4 weeks for $2.50 for 24 hours. Why are they not being put back on staff to help if the area is so short of nurses? I know of 3 in Sulphur/Lake Charles area but their whole crews are sitting at home,
                    It’s a weird situation at best...all elective surgeries have been postponed. ICU and ED nurses are in short supply. All available ventilators are being reallocated to ICU’s. It’s not hospitals that are being overwhelmed as it is ICU’s due to limited beds. Remember, we still have people having accidents, strokes, heart attacks as well as emergency surgeries. If this virus continues to progress as it is starting, we won’t have many if any hospitals that won’t be at capacity.

Comment

Yes NY, one video i watched was a Dr or nurse warning everyone about how bad it is. They had to bring in a refrigerated Semi truck to store the bodies.

I believe NOLA is not far from them.

Better question is how many were overwhelmed 1 week, or 2 weeks ago? Or how many cases did we have, or even the world have 2 weeks ago.

We have a lethal virus that is contagious for up to 14 days before you even have symptoms. You dont have to be old, or have health problems.

A band teacher came down with it a week after my daughters school shut down. He recovered no real issues just a horrible bad flu.

A little girl at the school picked it up at school and was not in band. She is in the hospital in critical condition. Been there for i think 2 weeks now. You cant put a $$$ on the value of my children's health. I will go upside down in debt and lose everything i own before i will roll the dice with my children's life.

I am not scared. I just aint stupid. We have a highly contagious and highly deadly virus spreading the globe at record speed. I F-ing with that.

Comment

For those of you studying the Diamond Princess Cruise and NYC cases for data, throw Albany, GA in as one of your case studies. Its a good case study for "community spread" in smaller towns. Short story, one of the highest per capita rates of the disease is linked (arguably) back to one or possibly two funerals in a fairly knit community. Its sad how that portion of the community has been impacted (90% of the deaths).

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post

Italy and Spain? It's not apples to apples based on anything, not sure that's any better than the models that are only as good as the numbers used.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post

Those are PROJECTIONS! I’m talking about actual info. This is how dumb **** gets spread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              They have already suspended freedom to practice religion, freedom to gather in protest. What amendments fall next? Free speech because we shot disagreement?
                              Just look at how some on here want to call someone an asshat or dumbass because they believe others shouldn't have a voice.
                              The second amendment is going to be under fire soon.

Gary
                              amen brother

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                                Here’s the deal, chief...it’s not my opinion. It’s scientific evidence and hard numbers from some of the leading minds in medicine and science. How about you stop be a know it all asshat and listen to the facts? People like you are the ones who will get my crews exposed and hurt...your arrogance is astonishing...to suggest you know more about a global pandemic than the best and brightest minds in the world...I honestly feel sorry for you.
                                Don’t bother with that moron, he is beyond helping.

Comment

Working...
                                X