Lock Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock Down

I heard San Antonio will be going on Lock Down tomorrow just before midnight. Only Essential Personnel we be allowed on the road. My BIL is a truck driver for Fed Ex and he was given a letter to carry with him that states he is Essential and can be on the road. Has anyone heard anything? Stay safe all.

No "lock down" just a shelter in place.
    Not a huge change from whats already happening once it is implemented. At least here in harris county that is unless law enforcement starts pulling people over and enforcing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunt3 View Post
      I heard San Antonio will be going on Lock Down tomorrow just before midnight. Only Essential Personnel we be allowed on the road. My BIL is a truck driver for Fed Ex and he was given a letter to carry with him that states he is Essential and can be on the road. Has anyone heard anything? Stay safe all.
      Was this letter issued by his company or does the county/city send these to companies that they think are essential in that county or city?

Comment

Just printed my letter. Issued by my company.

Comment

I would like to see one of these letters everyone keeps talking about.

Comment

Our lockdown is supposed to start manana.

Comment

I have a letter to keep with me also, just states that the oil im taking to the ships is necessary are something like that. Has some phone numbers on it in case the popo needs to call to confirm

Comment

It says

COVID 19 Response

_______ is an “essential critical infrastructure”
                Company as defined by the Department of Homeland Security and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.

The holder of the certificate is an employee or key contractor of_______.

Place on dashboard of vehicle.

Comment

Does anyone know how to get a letter? How or where to apply? What are the requirements? Im going where I need to go for work period. Only thing that will stop me is armed guards. Would really like to avoid any issues.....

Comment

Heck I thought this was an actual hunting thread regarding the rut!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      Was this letter issued by his company or does the county/city send these to companies that they think are essential in that county or city?
                      His company

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                        Does anyone know how to get a letter? How or where to apply? What are the requirements? Im going where I need to go for work period. Only thing that will stop me is armed guards. Would really like to avoid any issues.....
                        You can’t just get a letter. If your work is essential, you will receive a letter from your contractor or whoever is over your head.

Luckily, we work for all the power companies in the state, as well as tons of others across the country. We started receiving letters today for all of our guys. They’re going to need a notebook when it’s all said and done.

If you are caught on the road without that letter, citations and/or jail time are on the horizon.

Don’t shoot the messenger!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunt3 View Post
                          The reality is everyone and their dog is considered “essential”. I got my letter to keep in my truck today and we aren’t even under a shelter in place order...yet.

Comment

My letter looks like it came from homeland security. This is nothing new. Lots of people get these letters.

Comment

I work offshore oil production. My company issued me one today as well. I think its basically to let any law enforcement know that you have a purpose on the road, and aren't out looking for trouble or up to no good

Comment

Working...
                              X