No announcement yet.

Az pro elk outfitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a great trip to Fishtail Ranch. Loved everything about it and would not hesitate to go back.

I researched a lot before booking. You can find some negative about any place, but it was very minimal on Fishtail. Only bad report i got back from TBH was one dude was mad he thought the outfitters friend go to hunt a better spot or something like that. Give Lee and Valarie a call and you will feel comfortable with them.

Comment

Yeah that’s my biggest fear about going on a guided hunt. I know people who have gone and not seen elk. Yes my chances of doing it DIY are much less. But we have seen some good bulls from time to time. If you’re spending 6500 I would expect a shot opportunity. It’s always a risk. I have heard fishtail is really good I met him at a tradeshow 10 years ago and although I’ve never hunted with them they seem like they run a top notch operation and they’re definitely very good people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I figured I’d add some pictures from our 2016 trip with Keith. This was from Unit 12. This was our first elk hunting trip in NM and I have to say that it exceeded our expectations. We were chasing bulls everyday and it was as good as you could hope for with archery gear. I would think with a rifle it would be a slam dunk for a quality bull. We were within 120 yards of a 330-340” bull but he had too many cows with him! I was very happy with my first archery elk and the hunt that we got. OP, I am sure you have done some research but it looks like they had a banner year according to Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by TildenHunter; 01-23-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I hunted with Keith in NM back in 2016. We had great guides, ate well, had a nice and quirky motel to stay in. We saw and heard lots of elk, including a few studly bulls roaming the flats and mesas. Had a blast playing cat and mouse with them, they were Jerry, I was Tom. Stalking into a wad of bugling screaming bulls and waiting on a bedded bull for 45 minutes. He finally got up. By that point, I was shaking so bad Justin must have thought I was epileptic. He literally grabbed my leg and told me to be still! Great memories, needless to say, when I finally drew, I probably could not have hit a trash can lid at 20 paces. I'm just glad I missed so bad it was a scratch to his neck. Overall its a hunting trip, not a killing trip. Hunt hard, stay positive, and you should get a shot. We seemed to focus where the elk where, they elk also went to national monument property, which was off limits. We hunted mornings and afternoons, and went back to the hotel during mid day. Ours tags were ranch only tags, not unit wide, so we could only hunt that ranch. The guides really wanted to be mindful to not bugger up the elk, blow them out of the area. This is not a new practice, and has been the same at several places I have hunted and I would have to agree with that tactic, and keep the elk close so you can catch them around water that afternoon if you don't quite seal the deal in the morning. Its a hunt, but a good hunt. Best of luck if you go

Comment

Nice pics

Comment

Working...
            X