Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful Draw Hunt Result For The Chap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a blind I brushed in the Chap last year, they encouraged us to bring our own blinds and tripods. Texas hold em corn mix from Academy worked good for me.

If I were to do it all over again I'd bring a ton more corn and a bunch of cuddyback cameras and after day two or so make a move based on the cameras. Good luck y'all.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dannorocks View Post
      Here's a blind I brushed in the Chap last year,
      That looks like way to much work and then have to move.
      I plan on doing like I have done before. Set up blind, back it in some thick stuff, let the deer see it. May even take some camo burlap and make a semi ground blind if the weather is good

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
        That looks like way to much work and then have to move.
        I plan on doing like I have done before. Set up blind, back it in some thick stuff, let the deer see it. May even take some camo burlap and make a semi ground blind if the weather is good
        Yeah either way works. It was real windy and the weight help kept the blind in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
          Anyone take a look at the aerial survey photos that the Chap staff posted on FB? They were posted Friday.
          I just did! Hopefully can connect with one of those big ol bruisers

For those that have hunted there before, are the assigned units very thick brush? Are there senderos to hunt? Never hunted that part of the country, but I’m in Deep South Texas. And FYI, I will be rifle hunting.
          Last edited by BigRed323; 10-04-2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Sorry Chris, your vacation request didn't get approved

Comment

Getting close boys!!! I'm freaking pumped up!!!

Comment

Woohoo! We get to select our compartment 4th! I am super stoked!!! I should have all my gear prepped and staged by Thursday. Gonna roll early on the 9th.

Comment

compartment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                  Woohoo! We get to select our compartment 4th! I am super stoked!!! I should have all my gear prepped and staged by Thursday. Gonna roll early on the 9th.
                  How did you figure that out?

Looking forward to the trip next week. I am planning to stay in town, but will try to come by and say hello to all of those camping.

R-

Comment

Not sure how you figured up 4th. I actually ended up selecting 4th...

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
                      I think he is next week.

Were you in a black TBH jacket at the stand by drawing ? Hope ya'll do well down there.

what pasture you select ?

Comment

Next weeks hunt, lol.

Keep us updated. As asked, which compartment did you pick?

Comment

I believe it's called ona nuevo. It's in the far northeast corner.

I was mixed up for sure. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                            I think he is next week.

Were you in a black TBH jacket at the stand by drawing ? Hope ya'll do well down there.

what pasture you select ?
                            I was not. I was already drawn. I got the far northeast corner. I think it's called ona nuevo. (Or something like that)

Comment

Today I only sat for the last couple hours of the day. I spent most of the afternoon scouting where I could actually setup my popup blind and putting cameras and bait in a couple other areas.

The brush is crazy thick on that back compartment and the senderos are ROUGH! I finally found a spot that I could live with(don't love it though)

About 15 minutes before dark there was a group of javelina behind me but I never laid eyes on them. Going to check the cameras on the way out tomorrow and maybe make a move depending on results.

Comment

I believe it's called ona nuevo. It's in the far northeast corner.

I was mixed up for sure. Lol
                                So that area is as thick as it looks on the satellite images. Was that area your first choice or did your first choice get picked?

Comment

Working...
                                X