Lost a Porker Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost a Porker Video

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVYDK7NQXq8"]Pecan Pig No Find Trad Lyfe - YouTube[/ame]

I shot this pig the other day and didn't recover it. I hit it where I normally shoot all of them, a little back off the shoulder and in the fat part of the lungs. I know it's hard to see the arrow in this video. Upon getting on the blood trail it was clear I didn't get no lungs. I tracked it about 250-300 with the help of my dog. I was on the trail after an hour and may have pushed it but I never did find a bed or even my arrow so I can't confirm if it was guts or not. It crossed a river/property line and I had to bail.

I reasoned that pregnant sows must have their goodies pushed further up towards the front of the body cavity than normal. Can anybody vouch for that being true? I've had one similar experience in the past, but I still got one lung and found it.

I'm partly making this post so I can get Sacajawea someday, but I'm also interested in your thoughts.

Lost a Porker Video

I can’t see the arrow at all on my phone, but if it was behind the shoulder and low, theres a good chance it was nothing but guts. “It” happens sometimes, and I’ve seen over the years that pigs have an uncanny will to survive; get away!!!! And I don’t have a clue on your question about the pregnant ones???

Looks like they were having a good time in the swimming pool too!!!!

Better luck on the next one!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks Bisch. I'd agree if I had hit it low... but I didn't haha. I've killed north of 30 pigs with traditional gear and I learn something new almost every time.

Comment

Watching that on a 24" monitor all I could tell is you hit a pig... and only because of the way it squealed.

It happens. I've lost hogs that I felt I should have recovered... and I have recovered hogs that I felt I shouldn't have, after seeing the shot.

Comment

Yeah I can't tell on my desk top either.

Comment

Maybe this will help.

Rick
            Attached Files

Comment

You the man Rick!

I’m sticking with my story of babies pushing the lungs even more forward.

Comment

ok by Ricks picture it hit high, back muscle area

Comment

Working...
                X