Kids Playhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids Playhouse

Been thinking about starting on this for a while. Figure spring is right around the corner, we are hosting Easter, and the nice weather the last couple weekends motivates me.

Last weekend I got the foundation done. 4 corners are set on 2’ deep concrete piers with metal anchors in them. Lag bolted from the outside so it can be moved if the time comes.

Light load of supplies at lowes

Started Friday morning decking it with treated plywood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t get to work all day Friday but between that and Saturday I got it framed and started the siding. Only worked a few hours today. I’m tired and Sunday is family day.

10x10 square so everything is a sheet and a half. 11’ and some change tall so again, sheet and a half. Will be a partial loft leading to a deck eventually

It begins

Swingset has been there, but was built to match

When you need refreshment and it’s too early for miller lite

Comment

That's really nice man. Good job.

Comment

wow!
        in!

Comment

Those are some lucky kids! I'll be following to the end.

Comment

I did this one for my daughters 2nd birthday. Still holding up and she will be 5 in May.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post

Did you put a Z flashing under the top section of siding? It keeps water from leaking inside at the joints.

I'm digging that swing set. Did you build that, too? Can you post the info on it?

Comment

No z flashing but I will on the front and back. Thanks for the tip.

I’ll have to get some measurements on the swingset I just made it up as I went. Main thing is the top beam is a 4x6. Anybody can swing on it

Comment

nice. I did one of the kits that come in 1,487,305 pieces. Wish I would have went the DIY route and built something that could have been used as a deer stand when the kid gets too old to use it.

Comment

No z flashing but I will on the front and back. Thanks for the tip.

I’ll have to get some measurements on the swingset I just made it up as I went. Main thing is the top beam is a 4x6. Anybody can swing on it

That looks awesome! I thought about doing something similar.

I would go back and Z flash the siding, it can sure save problems later.

Comment

I built one in the backyard for the grandkids, made it kid size. Now that they are not using it, I wish I had made walls and doors standard height so we could better use it for storage

Comment

Thanks everyone. Plan was to cover the side seam with trim and caulk it. Only done siding once and that was the method. Front trim will be centered so needs flashing for sure. Kiddo is playing in it now so I guess it will be a hit when it’s done.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          That looks awesome! I thought about doing something similar.

I would go back and Z flash the siding, it can sure save problems later.
                          Definitely worth going back to put it on. You would only need to pry the bottom out about a 1/2" and slide it in. Did you use ring shank nails, regular galvanized nails or screws?

Comment

Siding is stapled, so that should be doable. I’ll get some swingset measurements this weekend. I don’t really follow plans, just google and make it up.

My engineered drawing for the front layout

Comment

Siding is stapled, so that should be doable. I’ll get some swingset measurements this weekend. I don’t really follow plans, just google and make it up.

My engineered drawing for the front layout
                              I love it! That's the way I design, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X