X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice.

Comment

Fantastic thread!!!!
      Congrats to you and your neighbor on two wonderful animals!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyloMexico View Post
        If you Get tired of shooting all those junky culls, I'll drive over and kill a few of those lower 150 class 8 points!
        Yes sir im with Billy, pure awesomeness. ..

Comment

I love seeing your deer Rusty. Keep Em coming!

Comment

I bet hunting these brutes in the pines and tall trees is really cool. I've only hunted big deer in s.tx and some decent ones in the hill country. Congrats again. Btw, what does a mature doe weigh there?

Comment

Man I love this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Man I love this thread.
                Thank you. I appreciate your comment

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                  He's bigger than I thought!

I was walking down a woods road at daylight this morning and spotted Lopsided walking away around a curve. Dropped my cushion, thermos, rattling horns and started sneaking up on him. Moved forward maybe 40 or 50 yards , looked again and he was straight on staring at me.

He then turned and started walking off the road and I dropped to my belly popped out the bi pods and grunted at him. He stopped just as he was going out of sight and I shot.

It was very early so I went back and had a cup of tea then went to look. I went in where I thought he had gone and spent an hour looking before I found him. Seems I picked the wrong spot where he went in. He had run about 75 yds.

I'm still shaking!

221 gross
                  203 6/8 as a 10 pt.
                  17 2/8" 'trash'. Has some points off back of beam that are hidden
                  27"+ mainbeams
                  49" mass
                  21 4/8" inside spread
                  6 yrs old

Congrats Rusty!!! you are doing it right my friend!!

Comment

Another awesome deer..even though he is a cull! What did he tape out?

How many bucks do y'all plan on putting on the ground this year?

Comment

Only on page 6 but dropping in to say how much I love this thread. We are in the process of doing the same thing as you have but we are in the beginning of our adventure. Nice to see a bright light at the end of the long tunnel. Learning a lot from this thread & the passion you're sharing with us. Thank you for creating it El Gato.

Comment

So much good info and accomplishments in this thread. Thanks for sharing it all

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                          Another awesome deer..even though he is a cull! What did he tape out?

How many bucks do y'all plan on putting on the ground this year?
                          Our general plan is to take 30 does and 10 bucks. We are at 17 does and 4 bucks now. There was one uh oh....a 165" 4 yr old that should not have been shot. My farm mgr. needs new glasses and binoculars.

We will keep focusing on bucks for the next week or so. There are numerous 4 yr and older bucks I'm willing to remove. As I keep saying it is about removing mouths from the feed bucket. While some are higher on the priority list than others mostly I just want the numbers down thinning from the bottom up.

We will start focusing on does again in a couple of weeks. Right now they hate coming to the fields because the bucks harass them so much. That will settle down. And from what I've seen removing another 10-15 will be OK.

I didn't score the 8. There are a bunch like him.

Comment

I just dropped in for another look at that 200plus ten pt frame. I have a clean ten here that is close to 180. He gives me shivers yet not even in the league with that ten.Deer like that are quite an accomplishment.

Comment

What a great thread...a lot of hard work paying off!

Comment

Geeesh!

Comment

Working...
                                X