Black Widow bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Widow bow

A buddy wanted to sell his SAIII that is 58” and is 53@28 Autumn Oak recurve. I always told most of my friends that I wouldn’t buy a new one but if ever I had to get one and the price was right I would do it. He offered it to me at a price I couldn’t walk away from.
    Next it’s time to try and match some arrows.

You're gonna like it.

Gary

Comment

I have shot several different models. This happened to be the size and draw weight that I wanted. I have been shooting longbows the last few years so this is going to be different and going to need to get used to it.
      I really wanted a bow I could shoot in either one of my blinds. This will be short enough to do just that.

Comment

Yes sir. Had one similar at same DW. You can shoot a pretty stiff arrow with the 3/16ths past center cut.

Gary

Comment

I need to see if I have any 55/75’s laying around. Or get a day off and spend an afternoon at the bow shop. Thanks.

Comment

Congrats!!! Post a pic if you can... you can't have a BW thread without a pic!!

I've got a 58" PCH that I've hunted with exclusively for the last 3 years but I am currently trying to get my first kill with a longbow. I really miss my 58" Widow when I am trying to sit in blind. Walking around the longbow is lighter, but in the stand - the compactness of the recurve is hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
              I need to see if I have any 55/75’s laying around. Or get a day off and spend an afternoon at the bow shop. Thanks.
              Before you buy new arrows make sure to check with the Green Screen so there're no regrets. Not all bow shops are helpful to "Trad Archers" not because they don't want to be. There are some arrow manufacture charts that are way off base.

Congrats on the new bow, it's a good one

Comment

He is bringing it in tonight. The bow shop I go to the owner is a trad shooter so he is a big help. I will go in and we will find what shoots best. I went to a bow shop once and the guy didn’t want to sell me arrows cause it was for my recurve. I haven’t been back since. I only went there because the owner of the shop I usually go to was on a trip somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                X