X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it’s time for a fence

Too bad this is an archery only lease.
    Attached Files

Another option is drive a t-post at each leg & use barb wire or heavy duty wire & wrap around each post & leg very snug
    Might be a cheaper alternative

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
      Another option is drive a t-post at each leg & use barb wire or heavy duty wire & wrap around each post & leg very snug
      I had a boar spend a week rooting up a t-posted feeder leg. He worked on it every night and eventually got it down ruining the barrel in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        I had a boar spend a week rooting up a t-posted feeder leg. He worked on it every night and eventually got it down ruining the barrel in the process.
        That’s wild. I’ve been securing feeders this way for years & been fortunate no issues. They will rub & scratch against the post & when feeder is low in corn they can learn to drizzle the corn off the spinner

You’d think if a boar can work a t-post it could do the same to a fence panel secured by posts

Good luck OP

Comment

Originally posted by Bigcoyote View Post
          Too bad this is an archery only lease.
          If you put a Mathews sticker on a Claymore would that qualify?

Comment

You can shoot pigs with a gun during archery season.

Comment

? Que. Did the land owner say you can't kill pigs or is it that you can't kill pigs with a gun? Those pigs need to be shot. LO should want them dead no mater how they get dead.

Comment

Pigs make the best 3d bow targets.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

When I bought the place in Mt. Enterprise I mentioned to my son that there were lots of hogs on it. He told be I had better stake my feeder legs and I said that I had never had hogs turn a feeder over. The very next time I went down there I had two on the ground ! Some of us have heads that are harder than others’. I just went ahead and penned mine, that way the hogs don’t sleep under the feeder !

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
                    You can shoot pigs with a gun during archery season.

Sounds like the stickler here is it is an archery only lease if I'm reading it correctly.

Comment

That always sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        When I bought the place in Mt. Enterprise I mentioned to my son that there were lots of hogs on it. He told be I had better stake my feeder legs and I said that I had never had hogs turn a feeder over. The very next time I went down there I had two on the ground ! Some of us have heads that are harder than others’. I just went ahead and penned mine, that way the hogs don’t sleep under the feeder !
                        Yep Don they will certainly at some point get them on the ground
                        Yes you want to keep them suckers off the feeder altogether it’s best to build a pen or go gravity feeder
                        That’s why I now have your gravity feeders

Comment

Yep Don they will certainly at some point get them on the ground
                          Yes you want to keep them suckers off the feeder altogether it’s best to build a pen or go gravity feeder
                          That’s why I now have your gravity feeders
                          I hope they are working well for you. I put up some signs on my place directing all the hogs to follow Mud Creek in a southerly direction, unfortunately I don’t think the majority of them can read writin’ !

Comment

Most of us have learned that lesson the hard way.

Comment

They suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X