X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a pretty truck. Nice find.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      I need to know more about this plate you speak of.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N1mEIEM3TM"]How to Remove Turbo Silencer Ring 5.9 Cummins - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

That's awesome! Kids love free upgrades.

Don't forget to flop them mirrors out...adds 5 hosspower.

Comment

That’s a really nice rig! I totally rebuilt a 97 3500 with 100k on it. Sold it, and regret it every day!
          Attached Files

Comment

With the lift pump replaced and it being a known problem on those trucks, id put a set of gauges on it, pyro, fuel and boost, and run it. the only other week point on the motor would be the VP44, but if enough fuel pressure is supplied they will last a long time. You can put tuners, injectors etc on them to get more out of them, but then start needing head studs etc. Good trucks and a ****ed good one with the 6 speed, should last a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
              With the lift pump replaced and it being a known problem on those trucks, id put a set of gauges on it, pyro, fuel and boost, and run it. the only other week point on the motor would be the VP44, but if enough fuel pressure is supplied they will last a long time. You can put tuners, injectors etc on them to get more out of them, but then start needing head studs etc. Good trucks and a ****ed good one with the 6 speed, should last a long time.

Your thoughts on the lift pump are exactly what the previous owner thought. He did the lift pump as a precaution to save the VP44 and always ran 1oz / gallon 2 cycle oil in the fuel for same reason.

There will be no big mods, this one is staying dependable, I like the turbo plate suggestion, exhaust and possibly cold air intake but that’s about it I think.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Your thoughts on the lift pump are exactly what the previous owner thought. He did the lift pump as a precaution to save the VP44 and always ran 1oz / gallon 2 cycle oil in the fuel for same reason.

There will be no big mods, this one is staying dependable, I like the turbo plate suggestion, exhaust and possibly cold air intake but that’s about it I think.
                yeah, I miss my 01 3/4 6 speed more and more everyday. Truck was built up and driving it was like driving a sports car. Was a fun truck, had lots of money in it to be fast/strong but reliable. Sold it to a 18 yr old who trashed it out pretty good in a year.

Comment

Bought my son a 1st gen that was all original with 130,000 miles on it. He put bigger tires and lift with some engine modifications to boost hp to about 350. Love your 2nd gen btw!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    That's awesome! Kids love free upgrades.

Don't forget to flop them mirrors out...adds 5 hosspower.

there are no ghost trailers at my house!

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                      Bought my son a 1st gen that was all original with 130,000 miles on it. He put bigger tires and lift with some engine modifications to boost hp to about 350. Love your 2nd gen btw!

That nice!

He might put a 2" front + 1" rear lift but no more. I just hope he stays with 16" or 17" wheels with meaty tires instead of 20's with rubber bands....

Comment

clean 1st gen!

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                          For some reason I couldn't stand those back then. Now, I think they pretty bad***

Comment

Working...
                          X