Flies.......UGH!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flies.......UGH!!

Anyone else having trouble with Flies??? They are swarming us at our place in Louisiana. I have moved trash cans from under the carport and our trash can from the patio around the pool and it hasn't helped. I bought some traps at Tractor Supply and put them out yesterday and it caught a few but they continue to swarm us. Any other suggestions on what to do???

Was up at our place in Missouri last weekend, they were INSANE!

If you don't have pets, etc running around the yard, spreading golden malrin is supposed to work. I can't say it does or doesn't as there are always dogs in the yard.

Comment

I bought this jar at Tractor supply. Fill it with water and the mix they give you and you will have thousands of flies in no time trapped. While it does kill many many flies, It also attracts them. Pick your poison. Fly tape in the house and the cold AC keeps them less active inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post
        Was up at our place in Missouri last weekend, they were INSANE!

If you don't have pets, etc running around the yard, spreading golden malrin is supposed to work. I can't say it does or doesn't as there are always dogs in the yard.
        I have two Jack Russels running loose!

Comment

[QUOTE=Tony Pic;14235776]I bought this jar at Tractor supply. Fill it with water and the mix they give you and you will have thousands of flies in no time trapped. While it does kill many many flies, It also attracts them. Pick your poison. Fly tape in the house and the cold AC keeps them less active inside.

I will see what my traps look like when I get home this evening. Trying to remove everything I can think of that might attract them. Not even keeping dog food out during the day as they are swarming that too!

Comment

Get some bug spray (cheap Off knockoff) and spray your trash cans and trash areas with it. It has helped us here in town. My trash can usually has maggots in it by now, but I have been spraying the can every other day. Put a big dent in the flies we are seeing.

Comment

Raid flying insect killer. Get upwind and send a cloud their way.

Comment

Same here. We had dozens in the house after the entire neighborhood was over for the 4th.
                Dog in the backyard doesn’t help nor the 2,4 & 11 yr olds who leave food out. And let’s not forget the port-a-potty at the new home Construction site next door. I’m going to be fighting them all summer I’m afraid.

Bug A Salt is fun, but not terribly effective

Comment

Got get QuickStrike fly bait and traps. This is the best stuff ever. Spread the bait around the grass, flowerbeds, pens whatever.

Then get the fly traps and hang them up. In a few hours the flys will be dead and gone.

Comment

I use permethrin 10% mix in sprayer 60ml to 3 gallons of water and spray around it kills on contact and spray house, doors. Around pool edge, gazebo everything and they stay away. Must really after rain or about 3 days.

Comment

I had about 60 in the house over a stay away from the house for a weekend. Killed those with hot shot or something like that. Then got about 40 the next day. Killed those and got about 20 ish the next day. All inside the house somehow. Week later and they are all gone.

Comment

Just moved to Granbury a few weeks ago from the Houston area. I probably own a half dozen thermacells but they don't work on flies. Never had flies in Houston but they have made patio life miserable here. Was researching solutions from bait to the Dynatrap when another resident said it's a June thing and they will be gone soon. Sure enough, activity has diminished greatly in the last 10 days.

Comment

Working...
                        X