Valedictorian blasts school officials in her speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I'm always skeptical of the teenager claiming adults don't know how to do their jobs. I don't believe anything, anyone from Kalifornia says.

I'd be interested in the other side...
    I too am interested in the other side. Sometimes you have to take it with a grain of salt and other times it may be spot on. I am part of a family of educators, my wife has 26 years, my sister over 40 and my BIL has 35+ and from those 3, I have heard and seen a lot that has happened.

Regarding scholarships, I have seen first hand a more qualified individual not informed of a particular opportunity so they can steer a less deserving student into a scholarship. Another time a special class was offered to 1 student to increase their GPA to become the Valedictorian. So crazy how only 1 student was in the class and no other senior students knew of the offering. I had a debate teacher(married) that was hit in the head at a local motel with a commode tank lid by a prostitute. He showed up for some fun and was knocked in the head and she took his money/watch and ran. I had a Jr high art teacher that was caught with cocaine at school. Not to mention the teachers hooking up with students in my area, that's been proven.

You never know what all can happen.

Comment

There are always 2 sides, I don't automatically jump on board when one side is presented. I hope if true, it gets the action it deserves. I hope if it was inflated for the drama it created, that karma catches up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
        There are always 2 sides, I don't automatically jump on board when one side is presented. I hope if true, it gets the action it deserves. I hope if it was inflated for the drama it created, that karma catches up.
        Why? Just because a story about a teenage girl from this country's most liberal state was featured in what is possibly the world's most liberal news rag we shouldn't all jump right on board? I'm a little skeptical too, Rick.

Comment

Just because she has the highest GPA doesn't mean she's wasn't a pain in the Arse. Like said, 2 side to the story.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

That made my day!

Comment

smdh

Comment

arrogant and disrespectful regardless of the facts. That podium is not the place for political activism.

Comment

Because teenage girls never do stuff for attention. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

not the place for that

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

the comments about the lush has some muscle behind it one way or another within the audience...struck a chord anyway.

Comment

The words and feelings so many wanted to share, good for her for using her platform.

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                            That podium is not the place for political activism.
                            Someone didn't read the article.

Comment

Love it, maybe it was exaggerated a bit IDK, but i bet it ain't far off. I knew teachers like that myself twenty some odd years ago, doubt they are much better now. Here in a minute somebody will be calling for teacher pay raises tough.......

Comment

As the parent of two Valedictorians, that speach was horrible. She actually was the one that sounded drugged or drunk. Way to burn bridges youngster, I two would like to hear the other side of that story.

Comment

Working...
                                X