Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #251
Outbreaker
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshot View Post
could be due to an understanding of bacteria, good plumbing, and fresh water.
All of it plays a role, what you are quoting do very little to prevent many viruses that we vaccinate against.
Outbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2018, 08:05 AM   #252
JBT
Eight Point

Hunt In: Montague, Grayson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RascalArms View Post
Just spent a little time catching up on all the comments here. I find both sides of the vaccine argument to be loaded with fear based jargon that, quite frankly, puts this 53 year old brain into overload. Just like with any controversial issue nowadays, if you look hard enough on the “ole Googler”, you can find plenty of “proven research” to support both causes. I can honestly say I see merit for both camps.

I’m not Buying or Selling here because I’m quite confident every single parent out there genuinely wants to make the best decision possible to keep their child safe and protect them. But regardless of which side of the fence you are on...one thing is certain. You can always get Vaccinated, but you can never Undo a Vaccination.

With that being said, while I sure don’t have all the answers, I do have a question??
If all of you in the Pro-vaccine club are so convinced that you got it right with vaccinations, why would you worry about your child catching something from an un-vaccinated child?

do some research on herd immunity - vaccinations are most effective when EVERYONE in the community is vaccinated
JBT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2018, 08:29 AM   #253
Outbreaker
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
do some research on herd immunity - vaccinations are most effective when EVERYONE in the community is vaccinated
Yep
Outbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2018, 09:13 AM   #254
JBT
Eight Point

Quote:
I would also add that when otherwise healthy children's parents choose to not have them vaccinated, it puts the lives of immunocompromised children who cannot be vaccinated at risk as well

Last edited by JBT; 05-07-2018 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:27 AM   #255
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

It takes a herd...
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2018, 04:15 PM   #256
JonW
Six Point

Hunt In: Tennessee, Ohio, Texas

I'm glad that, for now at least, we're free to research and make decisions for ourselves. Or take the government and pharmaceutical companies without question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JonW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2018, 06:58 PM   #257
Tcooper93
Ten Point

Hunt In: Shackelford County

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonW View Post
I'm glad that, for now at least, we're free to research and make decisions for ourselves. Or take the government and pharmaceutical companies without question.

Definitely a few bad apples out there but pharma is not the enemy...

Tcooper93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2018, 07:18 PM   #258
JonW
Six Point

Hunt In: Tennessee, Ohio, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcooper93 View Post
Definitely a few bad apples out there but pharma is not the enemy...

Not at all. Medicine (and vaccines) undoubtedly have saved and continue to save lives.

But occasionally something gets pushed through a little too quickly and it's determined that side effects outweigh the benefits in the long run. It's my understanding that vaccines are the most recalled class of pharmaceuticals.

Occasionally data gets twisted and misinterpreted. I imagine that occasionally profits have enough emphasis on them that medicine is over-prescribed.

I think it's possible that mass overuse of many things (narcotic, antibiotics, NSAIDs, sanitizers, inexpensive processed foods and possibly even certain vaccines) MIGHT play a role in many of the diseases of civilization. Among them ADHD, allergies, diabetes, HTN, alzheimer's, obesity, metabolic syndrome, auto-immune, auto-inflammatory, etc.

Then again, maybe it's coincidence.
JonW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2018, 07:37 PM   #259
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
I would also add that when otherwise healthy children's parents choose to not have them vaccinated, it puts the lives of immunocompromised children who cannot be vaccinated at risk as well
Then why would the federal government (and local government) allow illegal immigrants to come to the USA eithout vaccinations? In order for herd vaccinations to work, wouldn't immigrants count as the herd?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2018, 07:41 PM   #260
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher County

Quote:
Ok wait...so with that “herd logic”, those that choose not to vaccine and put their kids at a potential risk should just take one for the team in your opinion?

The point of my earlier post was that it should be up to the individuals to decide what’s best for them and their children. Period

But hey....I’ve always been a “you do you and I’ll do me” kinda guy.
RascalArms is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2018, 08:17 PM   #261
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
Then why would the federal government (and local government) allow illegal immigrants to come to the USA eithout vaccinations? In order for herd vaccinations to work, wouldn't immigrants count as the herd?

I'm Sorry...I meant to say it takes a 'willing' herd.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #262
JBT
Eight Point

Quote:
Ok wait...so with that “herd logic”, those that choose not to vaccine and put their kids at a potential risk should just take one for the team in your opinion?

The point of my earlier post was that it should be up to the individuals to decide what’s best for them and their children. Period

But hey....I’ve always been a “you do you and I’ll do me” kinda guy.

huh? you asked a question in bold font "why do you pro vaccinated folks worry about non vaccinated children passing something along" and I gave you an answer
Old 05-08-2018, 11:09 AM   #263
JBT
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post

they certainly count - I believe regardless of immigration status when children are enrolled in public school they are required to provide proof of vaccinations although admittedly I am unsure of how well that policy is enforced
Old 05-08-2018, 11:16 AM   #264
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
they certainly count - I believe regardless of immigration status when children are enrolled in public school they are required to provide proof of vaccinations although admittedly I am unsure of how well that policy is enforced
There are waivers that can be obtained through the state, both the waiver (last for two years) and current shot records are kept on file should a child not have everything per the suggested vac schedule. Same for private school.

Last edited by Chad C; 05-08-2018 at 11:19 AM.
Chad C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 11:24 AM   #265
JBT
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
There are waivers that can be obtained through the state, both the waiver (last for two years) and current shot records are kept on file should a child not have everything per the suggested vac schedule. Same for private school.
I think that's a good policy assuming they don't hand out waivers like candy and I would hope that some are mandatory (polio, meningitis etc.) - I'm all for people making their own choices but your right to "do you" ends when you want your kiddo in the same publicly funded classroom as mine carrying a potentially deadly disease
Old 05-08-2018, 11:26 AM   #266
Arrowthreat
Eight Point

Hunt In: Bryan Co. OK

Quote:
Yes, it’s called scientific progress based on research and new technology. It’s kind of how everything works!

I'm not saying I agree with his quote regarding vaccinations, but what you're saying is pretty ignorant. To assume that all new technology and new science is automatically better is pretty dumb. You think diet coke is actually better for you than regular coke lol? Because that was "new technology" at one time to solve the sugar crisis we have in America. We have more preservatives in our food than ever before thanks to "new technology".
Arrowthreat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 11:28 AM   #267
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
I think that's a good policy assuming they don't hand out waivers like candy and I would hope that some are mandatory (polio, meningitis etc.) - I'm all for people making their own choices but your right to "do you" ends when you want your kiddo in the same publicly funded classroom as mine carrying a potentially deadly disease
Nothing is mandatory in the State of Texas, First Amendment comes into play.. Only a suggested/recommended schedule provided by the CDC.

Last edited by Chad C; 05-08-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #268
Duckologist
Eight Point

Wait, THE Persian prince? As in, the poll making flying carpet Persian prince?? Ali Bubba?????????
Duckologist is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 11:38 AM   #269
Tcooper93
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowthreat View Post
I'm not saying I agree with his quote regarding vaccinations, but what you're saying is pretty ignorant. To assume that all new technology and new science is automatically better is pretty dumb. You think diet coke is actually better for you than regular coke lol? Because that was "new technology" at one time to solve the sugar crisis we have in America. We have more preservatives in our food than ever before thanks to "new technology".

Thanks for your comments...dumb and ignorant per you but I will continue to advocate for the health of children and adults through vaccination based on randomized, clinical trial data. Carry on!

Old 05-08-2018, 11:52 AM   #270
topshot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public land

Quote:
Thanks for your comments...dumb and ignorant per you but I will continue to advocate for the health of children and adults through vaccination based on randomized, clinical trial data. Carry on!

here we go again - calling names when someone disagrees with you. that seems to be the common response across the board when there is no good argument to back up one's viewpoint - just sling mud.
topshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 11:54 AM   #271
Tcooper93
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshot View Post
here we go again - calling names when someone disagrees with you. that seems to be the common response across the board when there is no good argument to back up one's viewpoint - just sling mud.

Wait, did I miss something? I was just quoting your post. SMH

Old 05-08-2018, 11:59 AM   #272
Aggie PhD
Ten Point

Hunt In: North of US90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
Wait, THE Persian prince? As in, the poll making flying carpet Persian prince?? Ali Bubba?????????
Aggie PhD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 12:12 PM   #273
Duckologist
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie PhD View Post
Well I'll be dern, he shootin a bow off dat magic carpet now?
Duckologist is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 01:32 PM   #274
Aggie PhD
Ten Point

Hunt In: North of US90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
Well I'll be dern, he shootin a bow off dat magic carpet now?
Quieter than one of dem 'lectric golf carts
Aggie PhD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 03:27 PM   #275
Chad C
Pope & Young

https://twitter.com/statesman/status/993949173392211968

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-08-2018, 08:10 PM   #276
Wits_End
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
https://twitter.com/statesman/status/993949173392211968

What are you trying to say with this article?
Wits_End is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 08:27 PM   #277
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wits_End View Post
What are you trying to say with this article?

Nada. These small batches pop up at universities across the nation every year.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:30 PM   #278
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

My SIL is anti-vacc... she received a letter from her childrens Pedi to let her know that she has to find a new dr for the kids as they are not allowed back at that particular office. Its the same pedi we use and I am glad she received the letter. Her kids are always sick and she medicates them with "oil and herbs"?
CoolHandLuke is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 08:31 PM   #279
Wits_End
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
My SIL is anti-vacc... she received a letter from her childrens Pedi to let her know that she has to find a new dr for the kids as they are not allowed back at that particular office. Its the same pedi we use and I am glad she received the letter. Her kids are always sick and she medicates them with "oil and herbs"?
What are they constantly sick with?
Old 05-08-2018, 08:43 PM   #280
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

I have no idea...she says they are always sick...we do not see them often. I will def ask next time she is around.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:59 PM   #281
Wits_End
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
I have no idea...she says they are always sick...we do not see them often. I will def ask next time she is around.
Per your post, like another before you, you appear to be relating her kids general sickness to her choosing not to vaccinate the kids. Id only see a relationship in these two things if her kids were always sick with illnesses the vaccinations are designed to prevent. A pretty important missing piece of information in your post.

In many posts in this thread it is clear that people are not actually thinking. I see many generic "dumb" responses. I am not calling anyone dumb, I try to be polite, Im just describing the simple statements being made.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:18 PM   #282
locknload
Ten Point

Hunt In: Throckmorton, Hamilton Counties

Vaccination is serious business and no kid should be without. Here is what the doctors have to say about vaccines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgpfNScEd3M
locknload is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 10:35 PM   #283
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher County

Quote:
Originally Posted by locknload View Post
Vaccination is serious business and no kid should be without. Here is what the doctors have to say about vaccines.

Well that would be the perfect person to pitch something for you if you’re trying to kill it IMO. Kimmel might be the biggest lib-tard in Hollywood....the biggest loser in the loser world.
RascalArms is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-09-2018, 06:55 AM   #284
Sticks&Strings
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by locknload View Post

Keep in mind, this is not a representation of all doctors.

I think most on here are like me. We believe in vaccines, at moderation, and on a spread out delayed schedule. I dont feel the need though to vaccinate for a non deadly or debilitating sickness. Especially with a vaccination that may have as many or more negative side effects as the sickness

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sticks&Strings is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-09-2018, 07:14 AM   #285
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Well that would be the perfect person to pitch something for you if you’re trying to kill it IMO. Kimmel might be the biggest lib-tard in Hollywood....the biggest loser in the loser world.

Yeah, Kimmel is a knee jerk liberal asshat in his own right, lol.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:14 AM   #286
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wits_End View Post
Per your post, like another before you, you appear to be relating her kids general sickness to her choosing not to vaccinate the kids. Id only see a relationship in these two things if her kids were always sick with illnesses the vaccinations are designed to prevent. A pretty important missing piece of information in your post.

In many posts in this thread it is clear that people are not actually thinking. I see many generic "dumb" responses. I am not calling anyone dumb, I try to be polite, Im just describing the simple statements being made.

Could they have weak immune systems due to not being vaccinated? Like many others on here we did the small spread out doses as that’s what we wanted and the schedule our dr uses. My point is they might have a weak immune system due to not getting vaccinated. I want what is best for my child and that is protecting her from any illness that could have a long term affect that is avoidable.

Answer this question...I have 2 cousins that are 4 years apart and both have Aspergers. One was vaccinated, and the other wasn’t?