Infant Immunization yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
    I have a 16 year old that has Autism. Up until he was 2-3 years old, he was just like all the other kids. He goes in to get his 2 year old vaccines which included the MMR. Now, I don't know whether that caused an interaction with his own chemical make-up or not. I just know that we didn't see any symptoms of developmental ability until after that point. It is what it is and I can't change it. My younger girls didn't receive all the vaccines, but were given the essential ones, plus were given the MMR on a scheduled basis with separating out the M-M-R, which I believe can't be done now as quote above. If a parent wants to take that route, they should have that option.
    Is it scientific? Nope. However, until you are a parent of a child with autism and try to make sure it doesn't happen to their siblings, you will look at all aspects to prevent it.
    my wife's brother is autistic so I completely understand anxiety around vaccinations we had ALOT of it - it is also however important to remember that the age at which many autism behaviors/traits tend to present is the age at which the MMR vaccination is given - correlation does not prove causation - with that being said we did end up fully vaccinating both children albeit on a slightly spread out schedule, in the end the benefit of preventing debilitating diseases outweighed the minuscule risk of some potential unproven side effect

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
      It was a cluster of wild type polio from an immigrant family.......NOT endemic transmission.
      i would be careful calling something an "outbreak" if it is isolated to one immigrant family - also, where can I read about this incident further?

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
        my wife's brother is autistic so I completely understand anxiety around vaccinations we had ALOT of it - it is also however important to remember that the age at which many autism behaviors/traits tend to present is the age at which the MMR vaccination is given - correlation does not prove causation - with that being said we did end up fully vaccinating both children albeit on a slightly spread out schedule, in the end the benefit of preventing debilitating diseases outweighed the minuscule risk of some potential unproven side effect
        My issue is more of the amount of vaccines being given than those that are essential. Since some of the argument is that the government is looking out for our best interest (which I never thought I would hear from this crowd), I will cite out of one of their own reports that according to the CDC, there are 9 Universal recommended vaccines. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00056803.htm
        Now those who argue that science has progressed and is why we have more vaccines, please tell me what new morbidity diseases have come up over the past 20 years that need to be vaccinated against. Also, why can't a parent schedule out their M-M-R vaccines if they want to and burden the cost of doing so?
        I believe in vaccines as it has prevented millions of deaths but there are those that are "recommended" for children and adults which may not be necessary and may have a low success rate. For instance, the influenza vaccine is recommended each year. However, as in this year the success rate to fight against the current strain was low and some of those who died from the flu had the vaccine. I work with doctors each day and as much as they try to keep up with medicine technology, their focus is on new medical treatments in their specialty and are dependent on reps and conferences for updates.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
          i would be careful calling something an "outbreak" if it is isolated to one immigrant family - also, where can I read about this incident further?
          I did not call it an outbreak. Watch the pointing. But the fact that wild type comes into the states from time to time show that there is always the potential of an outbreak.

I was talking about Hepatitis A, Measles, Mumps, and Rubella cases that started with migrants that were not vaccinated and resulted in outbreaks, some due to vaccine failures, some due to no vaccines, and others due to being allergic to the vaccines.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
            My issue is more of the amount of vaccines being given than those that are essential. Since some of the argument is that the government is looking out for our best interest (which I never thought I would hear from this crowd), I will cite out of one of their own reports that according to the CDC, there are 9 Universal recommended vaccines. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00056803.htm

Now those who argue that science has progressed and is why we have more vaccines, please tell me what new morbidity diseases have come up over the past 20 years that need to be vaccinated against. Also, why can't a parent schedule out their M-M-R vaccines if they want to and burden the cost of doing so?

I believe in vaccines as it has prevented millions of deaths but there are those that are "recommended" for children and adults which may not be necessary and may have a low success rate. For instance, the influenza vaccine is recommended each year. However, as in this year the success rate to fight against the current strain was low and some of those who died from the flu had the vaccine. I work with doctors each day and as much as they try to keep up with medicine technology, their focus is on new medical treatments in their specialty and are dependent on reps and conferences for updates.

So, according to your statement we should not be improving our research to help prevent diseases. We should just treat the disease if it shows up? Why would you not want to prevent something like meningococcal meningitis that can kill or lame kids that acquire it? The flu vaccine is never 100% effective and if it is not the best match that season then it still can lower the severity of the infection if someone gets the flu who had the vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tcooper93 View Post
              So, according to your statement we should not be improving our research to help prevent diseases. We should just treat the disease if it shows up? Why would you not want to prevent something like meningococcal meningitis that can kill or lame kids that acquire it? The flu vaccine is never 100% effective and if it is not the best match that season then it still can lower the severity of the infection if someone gets the flu who had the vaccine.

In 2016 there were 370 cases, 20% of those being serious. 325 million people in the US. 85% effectiveness rate for the vaccine. The majority of cases in children younger than 1 and young adolescence 17-23. Generally transmitted between kids in close proximity, such as dorms, locker rooms. Why take the risk and give it to your infant? How about wait until your kid has developed a strong immune system and possibly give it at middle school or high school when the risk increases?

Compare that to the flu, 34 million cases, 710,000 serious, 56,000 deaths.

Per the VAERS system there seems to be at least 2,000 cases a year of serious injuries due to vaccines, some saying its over 4,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                In 2016 there were 370 cases, 20% of those being serious. 325 million people in the US. 85% effectiveness rate for the vaccine. The majority of cases in children younger than 1 and young adolescence 17-23. Generally transmitted between kids in close proximity, such as dorms, locker rooms. Why take the risk and give it to your infant? How about wait until your kid has developed a strong immune system and possibly give it at middle school or high school when the risk increases?

Compare that to the flu, 34 million cases, 710,000 serious, 56,000 deaths.

Per the VAERS system there seems to be at least 2,000 cases a year of serious injuries due to vaccines, some saying its over 4,000.

I have seen these cases first hand...take a peek

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                  Its amazing what a little research will do. I was a Psych major in college, and one of my teachers asked who was pro vaccines and who was anti-vaccines. She made everyone in the class do a presentation on their stance on the issue. There were 4 people in the class that were anti-vaccines. By the time it came to do presentations all 4 people gave their presentations on why they have changed their stance on vaccines. The teacher did that just to prove to her students that the "evidence" given to make people anti-vaccines is just a big ole crock of poo.

I thought this was funny. A psych major in a class full of psych majors with a psych teacher and you pulled an educated stance on vaccines out of that?

Comment

I have seen these cases first hand...take a peek

I understand there are terrible cases out there, no doubt about it. Does a picture change statistics? Should I search for pictures of all of the bad things that happen from vaccines?

Comment

I understand there are terrible cases out there, no doubt about it. Does a picture change statistics? Should I search for pictures of all of the bad things that happen from vaccines?

If I can prevent this in my kids then I will with a vaccine...end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                        Don't even think about skipping them...

But you can ask for the "mercury free" versions of the shots

Thimerisol, a preservative in many forms of immunizations, contains mercury which is suspected to be the contributing factor in Autism, etc...

Not everyone is for skipping them, just making an informed decision to possibly space them out or help push for certain vaccines to be separated. At a very minimum, understand the risks both ways, figure out which way you want to go.

It could be as simple as waiting for your child to grow as much as possible to have the strongest immune system possible. That is not a year old.

Comment

If I can prevent this in my kids then I will with a vaccine...end of story.

Understood, that is your right and your educated decision.

Comment

Not everyone is for skipping them, just making an informed decision to possibly space them out or help push for certain vaccines to be separated. At a very minimum, understand the risks both ways, figure out which way you want to go.

It could be as simple as waiting for your child to grow as much as possible to have the strongest immune system possible. That is not a year old.

My last word...while they wait they are susceptible to these diseases. No evidence that waiting or delaying is beneficial. It leaves a window for the disease. Done

Comment

Infant Immunization yay or nay?

Any of y'all Remember pox parties! Heck yeah, that's how I got chicken pox...Times change and people do weird ****. No need for fear mongering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Last edited by Chad C; 05-02-2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Immunize your dang kids. Don't be a caveman or a 3rd world country parent.

Comment

Working...
                                X