Pre-Christmas Hunt LBJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-Christmas Hunt LBJ

Anyone going to the grasslands this weekend? I will be there for 4 days trying to fill my tags. I am hoping to camp at the gate of Cottonwood Lake in the camo pop-up. I looked at another area and found more rubs than I have seen at the grasslands during my 5 years of hunting it. Plus I went back to see if I could see the 6 pointer I shot last weekend and found a huge rub line and it looks like a bigger deer than the six doing the work. I hope to get me something.

Hey Dude....yessir, I'm going out tomorrow for a combination of muzzleloader/shotgun/ and or bow. Haven't been there in over 3 weeks or so and I'm jonesing though last week I did shoot a BIG 8 on a hunt in Louisiana!
    The last time I went I saw you on 703 almost into town as I was driving in.
    I'll be around the same place at the pull in on the 'other' side of the dam of Cottonwood. See you there and here's a pic of my 8. Pat

Comment

Thats a dang nice buck Mr. Miller!

Comment

WIll be leaving this afternoon for a four day stay. I do hope some area TBH'ers will be out, or anyone else as far as that goes. I will have enough seating for a few tired souls to sit around the campfire and tell a few tales. I do find a nice area where the deer are crossing the road and tearing an area up going under the fence. I am thinking about scouting this area and see what it looks like. Dave if it looks good I will turn you on to the place, I am going to put out a digital cam to see what is actually going by.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-a-Do View Post
          WIll be leaving this afternoon for a four day stay. I do hope some area TBH'ers will be out, or anyone else as far as that goes. I will have enough seating for a few tired souls to sit around the campfire and tell a few tales. I do find a nice area where the deer are crossing the road and tearing an area up going under the fence. I am thinking about scouting this area and see what it looks like. Dave if it looks good I will turn you on to the place, I am going to put out a digital cam to see what is actually going by.
          Did you get any shots on your cam of any game (Deer or Turkey) and do you have any info to share on the where abouts of movement of game? I'll share if you share.

Tool Master E-mail

Here is a photo I took on private land from the road at the Two Tall Towers private land area. Click here to see the photograph of a nice 8 point with 8 or 9 doe with horses.

I'm looking for turkey too can you help me like I am you?

I may be going this afternoon. 12-23-06

Tool Master

Comment

I did see a lot of movement. I saw them all over the place, one place as good as the other. Up front by the bed and barn was a nice area that I saw does moving morning and afternoon, filled doe permit up there. Saw a few bucks with the does, shot at two but powder was damp, gun only went poooooof not BOOOOOOM! I will make it once more to fill last tag.

Comment

I just returned today having spent the past 4 days out there. Saw tons of does, no bucks but some scrape activity. The does were really wary and put the speed on at the very slightest notion.
              I'm very angry also at the way some people are leaving their campsites-not only hunters but the horse people also.
              The week before I had picked up my campsite clean from other campers and this week it was trashed out again by other hunters leaving beer cans, doe pee bottles, cigarrette packages, and a FULL GARBAGE BAG OF TRASH.
              I also found two areas where someone had been baiting----and called it in.
              Heard another rumour about the mountain lion.
              Found some fresh hog sign between Black Creek Lake and the 900 block close to the private land.
              Going back up on Jan. 2 for the rest of the season.

Comment

You mean you are still seeing people feeding out there? Me also, I found a pipe feeder right up front by the bed and barn. I guess get in and out fast is the trick....LOL I should have called David but I was too tired to make any calls. I will show him this Saturday when I go back up for my buck...LOL

Comment

Working...
                X