Back to WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to WMA

Well guys due to the rising prices of leases I wont be hunting leases anymore and am back to the ranks of WMA and Corps land..I used to hunt out thee several yrs ago and had an area I liked very well with a large creek running through it.
    ALSO..Im hanging up the wheels and going all traditional again this year and forever so I wont be much of a threat to the population. I just enjoy the woods hunting and good friends, maybe I can fall into the ranks with you guys the "hunters who have to hunt...not shoot feeders" it aint easy that way and you have a hats off from me

Longstick,

Nothing wrong with hunting WMA. I hunt the best of both world's i.e. WMA and private leases. What WMA do you normally hunt?

Comment

going to hunt LBJ and Whitney Corps land,,have never hunted Whitney before

Comment

Good luck longstick. I have hunted private land a few times back home and enjoyed it but have always hunted public land and feel it more rewarding when you get an animal, whether it be buck or doe. Especially love the up close and in your face hunting with a bow.

Comment

I don't care what anyone says, deertexas can say its inflation etc. but lease prices are OUTRAGOUS today. We have a lease in bosque county and the landowner has already told us he going to charge more next year becaue the of the antler restrictions, and you know what I'm probably going to have to eat it cause its so hard to find a lease nowadays.

Comment

I will hunt the Chapparral and any other WMA that I get drawn for. I will also bow hunt public land in Arkansas this year as my wife wants to visit the Crater of Diamonds Park. She can hunt for diamonds while I hunt for deer. She saw a program on cable tv about this park and asked if I would take her there? My reply: "let me see what public hunting opportunities are in the area and I'll think about it." I love my wife, but I do have stipulations! The area that I will be hunting is not known for having quality deer, but is known for it's quantity of deer. I hear that eastern Arkansas grows some wall hangers!

Comment

Ruthunter...that Crater Of Diamonds State Park is an awesome place. I took my wife out there for our anniversary. I told her that if she wanted a diamond then she had to find it herself! We ended up finding 3 very small diamonds, and I got to deer hunt a nearby public hunting area too.

Now as for hunting public lands here in Texas. I wouldn't have it any other way! All the deer I shoot is on thier terms. No feeders and no help. There is something deeply satisfying about killing a deer on thier terms with no cheating. Hunting feeders has never interested me.

Comment

Longshtick- please stop callin to the birds in wise co. the season is still a week away. thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by piggyBack View Post
                  Longshtick- please stop callin to the birds in wise co. the season is still a week away. thank you.
                  T'werent ME... I got more sense than that

Comment

Dahmer,

What area of puiblic land did you hunt? I'm looking at hunting the Big Timber WMA. Any suggestions? How far away was the public land from the park that you hunted? Did you see anything? Thanks!

Comment

I hunted the Ozark national forest. I saw a bear and that was the only big game animal I saw on my 3 day hunt.

Comment

Working...
                      X